1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Louder Stock Exhaust.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Simon Foster, May 19, 2017.

1. Hello Guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to make the stock pipes on a 2011 Multi S any louder, is there any baffles you can take out of the pipes at all? I saw a guy on Youtube had done it but he didn't say how.
    Cheers.

2. Remove the cat and fit a de-cat pipe.
    Remove the exhaust butterfly valve

Thats the only ways I know without starting to destroy pipework or end can. Good luck

3. Mine growls....

4. Mine growls....

5. So much so, it was worth mentioning twice.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. There was a forum post where one guy had opened up the cat, taken out the innards then welded it back up again. Looked like a standard exhaust but sounded much louder apparently. (Search of this forum should find it)
    Problem is that all the silencing on the standard system is provided by the cat so taking that out of the system would result in a very loud bike unless you fitted a different end pipe with baffling or a link pipe with an inline baffle e.g Leo Vince.
    Although people have tried to fit link pipes with the standard end can there seems to be problems caused by differing pipe sizes.
    Best bet would be to forget the standard system altogether and fit either a Termi or other make. That way you also get rid of problematic exhaust valve.

7. I have standard end cans with the Leo Vince decat, fitted up sweet......but is very loud!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I de-cored the standard end cans on my S4rs monster with great effect after following advice on the forum. With the multi however the best solution is to bite the bullet and fit a full termignoni. Do it sooner rather than procrastinating as you're missing valuable audible bliss!
    :)

9. Massively ridiculously overpriced!! Loads and loads more out there at a third of the cost. :upyeah:

#9 Wayne58, May 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
  10. Yes Wayne I agree but you get a manufacture ECU engine map also. So its still a third more or slightly more than buying end can & de-cat pipes & then dyno'ing your bike. But that route also stops you from recieving any future bike updates. If the dealer you use plugs the bike in it will ruin your dyno'd amended ECU parameters. Not that case with a termi-ecu'

11. My dealer said they can remap any exhaust and so long as its done at a Ducati dealer, then the updates won't effect this. This was Wilf at motorapido , he mentioned this, as he did my brothers Diavel which has a non termi aftermarket pipe. Also, and this is only my opinion, but the termi is ugly.... (and still overpriced) :cool:

12. Ok we get it... It's not for you :)
    You pays ya money ya takes ya chance, just like the showman said. ;)

13. It's not just about that blokes, the OP came on to suggest ways of modifying his stock pipe, and the suggestion of 1800 quids worth of termi probably didn't help him much hence, the less expensive options listed above. I'm fairly sure the OP has heard of Termignoni but that wasn't what he wanted advice for. :)

14. Decat with std pipe is way too loud to be tolerable for anything over half an hour. But all the baffling is in the cat, so you could spend £600 on a full mivv system and job done :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information