1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Louder

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Riding my bike this morning I gave it the beans after bumbling through town and the exhaust note seemed to get much louder than normal ,so loud that I thought I had holed it or one of the welded seams had gone, i stopped the bike had a good look around it and found nothing, the system is a titanium Termi...got back on the bike and rode home.
    Never noticed the note change like that before, but I was caning it high up the rev range,not very often I do that, in fact I cant remember the last time I really did hammer it...beautiful noise though, i might have to give it some real hammer more often...hope i'm being paranoid.:D

#1 yellowducmaniac, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

2. Have a check on the welds. Mike broke at the rear manifold. A bit of popping and farting on the over run first should have been a clue....

3. Been thru all the welds,had the seat unit off and ran it,cant feel it blowing anywhere,it wasn't popping or barking on the overrun either...maybe I was imagining it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Did you leave your ear plugs out for the first time since having the bike? :)

5. Yeah funny you should say that,I have been having problems with wax in my ears,they pop sometimes and my hearing improves... lol

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  6. So it's not mechanical....... it's geriatrical.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Think you can repack the back box , overtime the sound deadening wears out so will get louder over time.

8. I stripped it all down ,took the heat shield off and ran it last night just to be absolutely sure,Its probably my imagination, i've had negative experiences with the back box before, and I suppose its always in the back of my mind, when I first bought the bike and took it for its first (to me) service the subframe had broken and damaged the back box, and fractured a weld at the rear of the fuel tank!, i had frame,box and tank welded and thought no more of it..come the next biannual service the box had gone again and I was told it was past welding, so I forked out for a good used TI box and it seems to be holding up...the joys of owning exotica.:rolleyes:

9. Make sure the gas-plugs are still in it, these replace the gas-plug sensors.

Read thread ignore me

10. If you believe @Ducbird, all Ducati threads should be properly read ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I gotta say that these type of bikes sound very different 'on cam' (when you're trashing it) than when they're off cam. If you're not used to thrashing this bike then perhaps you're just not used to how much angrier they get when you do :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Too right :blush:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information