1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love This Bike!

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Bob T, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Now covered 1300kms on mine so the first running in period is over as is the first oil change. The bike just gets better and better as it gets more miles on it.
    I very much enjoyed the 848 that I owned for a couple of years and thought that the Supersport was never going to be as much fun to ride, but I have been proved wrong. The Supersport is much easier and more comfortable to ride than the 848 was but seems to corner at the limits with little effort. The urban mode and the ABS DTC make it great to ride on the loose gravel track to my house where the 848 was delicate to ride. The town riding is also easier.
    The one thing about the Supersport is the amount of heat generated, it is no more than the 848 had, but is unexpected, it can be a bit annoying around town in this part of France. The bike suffers no serious mirror vibration that some other owners seem to suffer from, but that might be down to my careful running in procedure.
    The only thing that I have changed so far is to remove the exhaust valve actuator and wire lock the valve butterfly open, not sure that it has made any difference to the riding of the bike, but it saves a bit of useless weight.
    This bike is a great all rounder and will be a worthy successor to the ST2/3/4 range.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bob, you know the rules...no photo...it didn't happen!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DSCN0946wb.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  4. Sorry Bob, your photo is no use. It doesn't have a bin in the background or a tin of custard powder anywhere in sight! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That does look like it would be an easy bike to get along with tbh. :upyeah:

6. Can't get custard powder in France, it is a very English thing. Bin? No binmen here either, they won't come out to remote houses, we recycle everything.
    Many of my bike photos do have a watering can in them, but if it was in this picture it will be next to the lemon tree just behind the bikes seat. There will be a lizard or two sitting on the wall behind the bike.
    You won't see a tax disc or an MOT certificate in the picture as we don't have them for bikes either.
    So I am asking to be excused for the lack of a bin due to regional differences.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  7. I remember watching an episode of QI where it was said that there is no such thing as custard in France. Creme Anglais, or something or other I think they said it was.

Anyway, no excuse for the bin. To the stocks with you Bob !

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I'll take a ride out in the morning to find some bins and take a picture!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. :thinkingface: Good man, correct answer. :motorcycleduc:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Found one! On a ride out to Domme the other day, with a German on the K75 and the wife on her ST2, I parked next to a waste bin. I have put some green arrows on the photo so that you can see it!
    bindomme.JPG

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep, that will do!

12. Ooh, la poubelle! Super bonne!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well done Bob. You see, you can do it when you try. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seems that living away from the UK for 13 years that I have forgotten some of the customs - like a bin in a bike picture.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Hi, congratulations on your new bike! Are you guys still limited to 100hp in France? Or has that changed?

16. Nice bin work. I'm surprised the SS is hot since it's not a mega performance bike.

17. No mate, that restriction went about 18 months ago. No one ever took any notice of it anyway. It seems the restriction was on the commercial import of motorcycles as opposed to the use of them and individuals who imported bikes never had that restriction in the first place.
    The 848 that I bought off a Gendarme was unrestricted.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've heard the new Supersport be called the best handling bike Ducati has ever made and after trying one last week, I am inclined to agree.

Looks great..and in a proper biking country too.

19. Did you get Jude one too Bob or are you sharing? :cool:

20. My new SuperSport...loving it

IMG_5416.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information