1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Love!!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Brad3AB, Mar 25, 2017.

1. So then, Having owned a number of Ducati's over some time, I had my 748 5 years ago, regretted selling it, so recently bought a 996.

I absolutley love this thing, road it today for the 3rd time since owning it, and I'm in love all over again. I've had everything from Monster to Panigale to Multistrada, and I have got to say nothing makes me feel likethis when I ride it!!

Just thought I'd share my feelings with you!!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Ridden loads of bikes over the years and nothing is as emotive as a 916 range bike IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. When I was a younger boy I saw and heard a 748/916 and I was in awe. I've wanted a Ducati ever since. I owned and rode many bikes until I finally bought the 996 I am restoring now. As you say, no other bike makes me or random bystanders smile as much as these old dukes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Know the feeling. In the 26 years of motorcycling I also owned lots of bikes, also a 748 from 98. I let it go after two years but once you tasted it, it stays in your head. Not so long ago I found a 998 with broken engine, the owner had two left hands and the price was extremely low, he wanted get rid of it. The buy of my life

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information