1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lovely Eric has gone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Eric Sykes has just passed at 89 - a really sad day for anyone who grew up with him. I saw him loading his shopping into the back of his Jaguar with Hattie in Weybridge once, half wish i'd gone and said hello now.

2. He will be missed. A comic genius, not just as a performer but also as a writer

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brilliant guy....and deaf as a post...always wore glasses with no lenses to listen to the vibrations.........

4. Very talented man. Fond memories of his performances with Hattie Jacques playing his sister & Deryck Guyler as Corky the policeman.

5. Very sad indeed, the man was a real genius !! amazing comic timing, lived in Weybridge i seem to remember, he was also a very talented Drummer.
    Not many of the old guard left now :frown:

6. shame - one of the best. I wonder if people will miss the current crop of comedians as much as the old guard

7. God Bless all those fantastic charecters that have left us,best party in town is on the other side now

Do Not Sell My Personal Information