1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lovely Ride With The 888 On Friday, But....

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Bridgland, Jul 22, 2020.

1. upload_2020-7-22_13-14-47.png

Fork seal blown, most likely due to lack of use....Hope to have it ready for the DOC Surrey Branch run on Saturday 1st August. Both forks are being rebuilt as we speak, so hope to have it back together at the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  2. As you posted it's probably down to lack of use, I've owned and been riding my 851 for over 26 years now, never had a fork seal fail on either the OEM Showa's or the Ohlin's 9050's.

Steve R

#2 Steve Robins, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  3. Hi Steve, it was a surprise to me too. Maybe my wife got tinkering and decided messing with the brakes was a step too far!

4. My Father caught my sister tampering with the brakes on my Rob North Triple, he didn't tell me at the time...
    A years later she died just short of 39 years old, when she died she left a quite large estate from which I benefitted quite well.
    It was the only good turn she ever did me and it surely wasn't what she'd intended.
    To this day I can't think of one good turn she ever did me apart from dropping dead without leaving a will.
    We can all choose our friends but we can't choose our family.

Steve R

• Agree Agree x 4
    • WTF WTF x 2
  5. It is the perfect time now to upgrade to an ohlins. :)

Henk!!!

6. Hi Henk,

Do you know where there's any 9050's for sale?
    I've 2 sets of yokes to suit them, one set from a SP4 and the other are 27mm offset billet alloy Corse rep's.

Steve R

7. Hey Steve,
    I know jan ajgl (ajcorse on the 888 forum) is breaking down a SP2 and he is asking 3000€ for the Fg9050 with the yokes.
    I bought a Fg9051 myself some time ago aswell the put in my magnesium yokes.
    I find the fg43’s also a good alternative.

Henk!!!

8. I've got 25mm offset mag' yokes on my Maxton sorted 9050's.
    Inc' the Corse clip ons, radial brake M/cylinder this set up is pushing £5.5K.

Steve R

9. I would consider a Maxton internals upgrade, but upgrading to the Ohlins seems a little bit of overkill for me personally. I would never get the most out of them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information