1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving Home For 851 Wanted

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Gowza, May 31, 2014.

1. First post and sadly it's a For Sale one as circumstances beyond my control mean the bike of my dreams has to go.

After much searching I became the proud owner of my 851 in 2008. The previous owner had owned the bike for 12 years before me.
    Following a full service by 3X in Dorset (new tyres, belts, battery, rear pads, all fluids etc) I enjoyed the next 600 miles immensely until serious health problems turned my life upside down.
    The 851 stayed in the garage (being started regularly) and ultimately proved to be more reliable than my employer who were less than supportive of my new situation.
    So, without a job the girl has to go to an enthusiast where she'll be enjoyed for what she was made for - hence this post.

Details are:
    Ducati 851 1990 on G reg plate
    12650Km
    Completely standard (Ohlins rear shock)
    Excellent condition throughout
    Only 600 miles since last service!

Started first push of the button today and ran beautifully (I'm aware of the belt change intervals) however if I was able to get the belts, MOT and tax done I'd be out riding her.
    Spare radiator and various other spares passed on with the bike, never needed so may split.
    Genuine and sensible offers only please, PM me with any questions.
    Bike located N.Hants/W.Berks UK

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

IMG_1726.JPG

2. Don't do it!

3. Sorry to hear of your health and job problems.
    How much?

4. Haha Andy, I wish I was in a position not to, especially as I've not been able to enjoy her fully.
    Ricky - Thanks. I'm open to sensible offers and bow to your superior knowledge. What were you thinking price wise?

5. Lovely bike, one on my bucket list.

7. Hi,
    Is the 851 still for sale??
    I am on the lookout for a nice one that has n't been molested.

8. Have you got 3 arms and 3 legs? ;)

9. Now how did you know I'm a Manxman with a 'Ducati Problem'?

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information