1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Low Fuel Light: Litres Remaining

Discussion in 'Monster' started by DarR, Feb 4, 2021.

1. How many litres are remaining once the Low Fuel Light comes on?
    Do mention your Monster's model year as the tank capacity varies.

#1 DarR, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  2. MTS 2013 fuel light can come on with 4-5 litres left.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I was referring to the Monster but that's good to know about the Multistrada. That's quite a bit. Thanks for sharing.

4. i have a 17 plate 1200R and i think it is about 4 litres .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. It is written in the owner's manual for each bike. So for M1200R is it 2.5 liters.
    Same for my M1200S but strangely light always comes on earlier than 2.5l left. When light comes on I go fill it up and I always end up getting around 12 liters into the tank until it is full.

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.39.19 AM.png

#5 sinank, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Determining "real world" reserve remaining is exactly the reason for the thread.
    You guys @VINNIE @sinank , are empirically confirming that the reserve is about twice the capacity stated by Ducati.
    12 litres is about what I suspected if I remember based on total price to top-up.
    I can't remember ever adding the price equivalent to 15 litres (in a 17.5 l tank) as soon as the fuel light comes on.
    I will be focusing on number of litres for a fill-up this upcoming season. Thanks guys.

#6 DarR, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. One more thing I remember. Once I left without gas near my home and luckily I live uphill and nearest gas station is downhill. Bike was running a little and then stopping. If I turn it back uphill it was running no problems. I just shut it down and rolled the bike downhill. I ended up getting around 16.5 liters to full tank. I can say that last 1 liter cannot be taken by the fuel pump efficiently unless you go uphill and tilt the tank.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information