1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Tank Lumpyness

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by johnny, May 21, 2018.

1. The ST has had this a while, and after the rebuild it is still there.

When I fill up the bike is transformed. As the tank gets lower the lumpiness increases. I have changed the fuel filter and cleaned the inside fuel cause. I checked the vent and cleaned that all out. Any clues?

2. Do you hear a slight 'hiss' if you open the fuel filler when the level is low? If so then that would point to the breather still being blocked somehow.

I appreciate you've already cleaned the vent out but did you blow it through with a high pressure line? I had it where some stubborn dirt has lodged halfway down the vent tube and came out only when the vent was blasted through with a compressed air line.

Just a thought as it does sound like gradual fuel starvarion. :thinkingface:

3. I did blow throw with pressure and I can't hear a hiss. Thinking of taking the flange unit out and cleaning checking everything.

4. Worth a shot mate. Also you could try opening the filler next time it starts to run rough and see if that makes any difference. At least it would rule out a blockage in the vent if the problem persists.

5. cant remember how the vent works now! is it simply through the cap body or is there a pressure relief valve?

6. If I recall correctly, it's through the filler neck/recessed seat, where there's a hole towards rear. This connects to a breather tube that exits on the bottom right of the engine.

7. The Cap has an exit through the flap/key area with a sort of valve system. I cleaned it all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information