1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Lower Fairing Fasteners

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucatiScud, Aug 13, 2021.

1. How are the 2 halves of the fairing held together, clip and bolt or well nut and bolt. I have tried searching the inter web but haven’t as yet found an answer.

2. Early bikes have wellnuts, later bikes and R's have Allen head Dzus.

Edit: or do you mean both individual (plastic) side fairings which are made from two pieces?

3. Wellnut and bolt.
    Copper grease is your friend.

4. @RickyX will be along soon if above doesn't help, guessing you have looked on parts lists already?

• Like Like x 2
  5. 749R is socket head Dzus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. The two halves are held together with a single Allen head bolt (I think the 749R uses 2 bolts)

#6 chrisw, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. 749R is two socket head Dzus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I couldn’t find one Chris I did a search which yielded nothing, there are 2 lugs and holes that join the 2 halves under the engine. I bought the bike a while back and it was a little bit un assembled so has been a little bit of a jigsaw. I thought it may well have been well nuts but I got given a couple of bags with all sorts in.

9. It is the 2 halves each side of the bike, I’m finally putting it back together after it being off the road for a considerable time.

10. Thanks, there are 2 holes and lugs, but it certainly isn’t a R not matter how much I would like it to be.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Make sure you grease them up on reinstallation. You do not want a seized wellnut, a right PIA to get undone. If they will take the dzus then that would be a nice upgrade. The 749 obviously differs from the 999 as mine has a single bolt holding them together.

3ACA1DC4-C4AC-4D30-83CA-C8266106CF78.jpeg

1DDDF46C-96ED-4088-8BC0-40AD8D63A016.jpeg

12. Thankyou Chris and ChrisW.

I have experience of well nuts having owned a couple a couple of faired Ducati, I was hoping these weren’t well nuts and may upgrade if possible to Dzus. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information