1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower Gearing.

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Bob Green, May 29, 2017.

1. Hi all. Apologies of this has been covered before but can't find any threads for 848.

Want to lower the gearing on my 848 Streefighter. Tempted to just go 14t front or do I go 2 up on rear as well?

Any experience or suggestions?

2. Always gone 14 front on mine. Some don't like how it may change the chain pitch. But cheaper and easier , good mod :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bradders. Does one tooth down in front make that much difference or do u need to go whole hog with larger rear?
    Find 1st and 2nd gears slightly strange unless I'm 'on it'. Also don't see point of doing plus 130 mph in 5th and never using 6th because you can't really go any faster because of the wind factor.

4. It does, its like adding 3 to the rear. If you add 2 rear Ashwell, risk could be it's like a motox bike lol

Have a look here, may help, shows speeds in gears etc when you change the gearing.
    Www.gearingcommander.com

You can leave one option standard, one current and one custom so you can see the difference all three make

#4 bradders, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information