1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M1200 Screen

Discussion in 'Monster' started by yelloman, Jan 20, 2022.

1. I'm wondering about more protection; what do people think about the Puig screens? I'd probably prefer a clear one.
    [​IMG]
    rather than black
    [​IMG]

2. Hi there, the Puig screen is a nice upgrade and doesn't look like a weird plastic sail contraption, a friend of mine has one on his Monster 1200R but I'm pretty sure he only fits it for touring holidays and swaps it back after as the original looks so much better!

3. I’ve a black one on my M12r. Much better than the original, gives good protection. I really like the look but similar to above I prefer the look of the original

4. I took the screen off my 1200r and just have a carbon clock cover.

5. Yes, that's pretty much how I was thinking, dreaming about what to do/where to go when it warms up a bit. Thanks.

6. Agreed, the original is quite good looking, but gives less protection than KTM Duke without a screen.

7. Yes, it is scary seeing the numbers sometimes.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I thought I might have one, (thanks Nick!).

[​IMG]

9. I looked at the Puig stand alone screen for the Monster but settled on the Givi one after reading reviews on the American forum but it creates more buffeting. Considering the speed these bikes can get to (140 mph on a closed road officer!) The Givi IMG_20210401_155219.jpg IMG_20210401_155205.jpg pushes a fairly clean hole through the air.

10. Fitted one to my M1200 no problems and helps with wind protection.
    Plus a lot less money than the Ducati option about£90.

11. i quite like that, does it vibrate much? mine shakes like a shitting dog at low revs

12. I haven't noticed it vibrating, it does shake a bit at tick over, but then so does everything else on the bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information