1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 M4 Or M50 Calipers For My 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Graphy899, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Hi peeps, I'm looking to upgrade the front calipers on my 899, I see other people using the M50 calipers off the 1199 but the M4 calipers should also fit. I'm just wondering if any of you guy's have done this and if so which would you recommend. Also what master cylinder would you use for a non abs system.
    Regards
    Steve.

2. Thread moved

3. M50s out of the 2, but might be worth looking at gp4 brembo range if funds allow.

4. M4 would match the stock M/C. M50 would need an 1199 M/C.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Thanks for your views so far guys.

6. Ive had an m4 setup - (the stock setup) on my rsv4 but, the m50 setup is much better....costs, but IMO worth it...the only way i can describe it is "progressive" as to the stock setup which is very, on off...

7. I've just put gp4 rs calipers on my gsxr with z04 pads and rcs mater cylinder the brakes are fantastic now.
    20181004_130301.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Yeah must admit those gp4's look sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. If yr looking to improve the brakes rather than just mod or bling the bike, I'd suggest starting with M/C, replace it with an RCS19mm. My track bike uses the the std calipers, decent pads and ABS bypass. Stops just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. It’s not all about the calipers. The pads pay a significant role too, especially if you are a track rider.

On the 1098R last year I kept the original calipers but swapped pads to SBC carbon/carbon and the difference was like night and day. I could out-brake everybody in the championship at the end of the long straights and it knocked seconds of my lap times.

#10 Ash34, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. How the other half live!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Got to spend my money on something mate.

13. Cheers guys I really appreciate all your advice. My 899 is for track only and I'm using ebc gpfax pads at the moment and seem to be pretty good. Has anyone used these and compared them to other pads? I was going on how riders rave about there brakes on the 1199 and how good they are that's why I was looking at the M50 calipers.

14. 1199 has bigger discs as well.

15. Ok didn't know that

16. Why would m50’s need a 1199 M/C?

17. Different ratio to suit the caliper pistons.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Just z04 pads and be done with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ah right. I have m50 on my 899 with no issues what so ever...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information