1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M4 Race Pads

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by carson, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Now I know brake pads have probably been done to death but I’ve picked up some M4 calipers for the track bike and wanted to see if anyone’s got any other recommendations away from the normal suggestions like the Z04s, SBS dual carbon and GPFAX that always come up.

wondering if anyone’s tried anything different and how they compare to what I’ve mentioned?

I know Z04s are the best money can buy, I used them on my 899. Just looking for any other recommendations

2. My mate uses SBS dual sintered. Not cheap but better feel and last longer than the dual carbons. I will be trying them when I've used up the DC's I've got.

3. Yeah. Aren’t they about £300 a set

4. Yes they are but we are similar pace on track and I was replacing DC's after a couple of days where his DS lasted him all season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have used Brembo SC pads in all my track based bikes, including my 1098R (Brembo M4 calipers) and my V4 ( Brembo Stylema calipers). I like them because they work from the off and don't need warming up, they provide consistent feel and I haven’t, so far, felt any fade. If you can keep heat in your brake pads, you could try the Brembo RC. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. My choice would be z04’s or DS-2’s.

DC’s aren’t in the same league. They also in my opinion lack feel however they’re cheap.. but I can only get a day or so out of them. Even if there’s meat left on the pad, the material doesn’t seem very consistent.

z04’s can be had for more reasonable money. Totally consistent through the wear. The only pad around the same level in my opinion is the SbS ds-2... but they’re even more money than the brembo’s! Less dusty though!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I knew it would end up coming down the the Z04s but I was hoping maybe there’s something out there that’s close but better value.
    Guess I’ll need to bite the bullet and buy the Z04s and stop being a tight arse :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Advikaz, where do you get your z04's at resonable money?

9. Brett at rrps (road race performance Shropshire)

tell him Adam Treacher mentioned him and he might give you a tickle

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I use Performance Friction PF95 on my track 749 and 1098R.
    Great feel and don’t fade.

11. Talking of M4’s. Thought you’d be getting one in the stable about now to go with your new bimmer....

12. I’ve had a look a few times and I was at the launch in Edinburgh for a test drive when it was released but to be honest mate, I’d rather have another van

13. Jesus....

14. Where do you get them mate? I can’t find them anywhere?

• Like Like x 1
  15. It’s a shitload of money for something that’s going to sit on the drive at least 75% of the year

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. True...

Get an M6 then... :) Or an RS6! :D

17. An RS6 Avant...oh

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just got some for the 749 from a r racing on eBay.
    Can’t remember where the 1098 ones came from but likely from them too.

19. I’ll have a look

20. I think they must have changed the compound because years ago they had good feel and lasted ages. Now as you say I get about 2 days out of a set!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information