1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M600 Or Not?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by ibgarrow, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Now that I’m down to one bike (Panigale R) I’m once again looking at different bikes as no.2! there’s a Monster 600 MY2000 for sale nearby - yellow, on 8500 miles. Service history shows it’s been idle for 15 years! Mot in 2019 but no sign of belts changing…
    Is it worth £2500? Should I go for a bigger-capacity one (900/1100)? I’d fancy an S4RS but that’s out of budget.

2. No it’s not worth that, half maybe!
    And it will be like riding a pushbike compared to the other bike! Go 900 plus imho. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’d only be looking for approx 3k for my 900 so I think 2500 for the 600 is too much, not particularly thinking of selling mine though TBH :) 19BF3E20-1D83-4D6B-89B5-FB7180E68E8B.png

• Like Like x 2
  4. Having taken on board the advice above, I’ve ruled out the Monster 600…and am now seriously looking at a KTM SMC 660! Kick start and no ignition key?

5. @ibgarrow
    What bradders wrote ^^^100%
    Money aside, you need a good offset to the Pani but an M600 will feel like a Putt-Putt and it won't be long til you unload it and disappointed.
    For around town, a big Monster or a SuperDuke are good offset that's comfortable and wont burn your thighs or give you tendonitis in your wrists. Both of which are exciting rides.
    A more versatile offset to the Pani would be a Multistrada. It's got wind protection, cruise, heated grips, space for panniers and rides like a sportbike albeit heavier. That's just a personal opinion but I've had all three.
    A Tuono would be a good compromise to those and also a great offset to the Panigale.

#5 DarR, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  6. Thanks. See latest post re: alternative.
    Had a Multi-loved it but want something lighter. Thought about Tuono, but angling for a Supermoto-pint sized thing.
    Big Monster is probs out of budget.

7. You can pick up a 900 for reasonable money. A turnover will be head and shoulders above all the others you mention imho for power and torque and mental ness! 110hp and about 75lbft with upright bars

• Like Like x 1
  8. It depends on on the type of roads/riding you intend to ride, my mates just bought a Tuono V2 but he’d looked at various rides. His usual rides are V4 Tuono and BMWS1000R, for me if I had a Pani and a sub 4K budget in no particular order.

Aprilia Tuono V2 Dorsoduro or Shiver

Triumph Street Triple/Tiger 800/1050

Yamaha TDM900/Fazer

I’d only buy a Supermoto for town use, once out on open roads it’ll be a pain in the ass and pretty gutless.

#8 DucatiScud, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I forgot about the Yamaha 900 triple.
    That's a great ride and wont break the piggy bank.
    When the Ducs are in service, that's my usual choice as a loaner to get back home.

10. Another vote for a Street Triple. Just sold mine after 6 fab years.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information