1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M900 Headlight

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Mark9, Feb 17, 2020.

1. 7F81CD54-F478-47F7-9606-B5434C0D29E3.png My 1996 M900 has scratches on the chrome headlight trim from where someone threw it down the road in the dim and distant past, I’ve been looking out for a replacement but only ever seen complete headlamp units for sale at ridiculous prices, does anyone know if this headlight was used by other manufacturers?, removing the word “Ducati” from any item for sale usually results in a 50% price reduction! :)

2. Same glass and reflector as a BMW R80/100, not sure if the bezel is the same but worth a look

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Just had a look at a few on eBay MP, certainly look similar, the bowl is different but the bezel does look the same, hmmm, should I risk it!

4. im not seeing alot of damage in ya pic...perhaps its just the pic, but have you looked into having it repaired?

5. It’s on the side you can’t see Chizel, I haven’t got a photo of that side, it’s dented and scratched all the way through the chrome so a repair would be too costly.

6. I may have a spare in my garage but can’t confirm until Saturday afternoon as I’m not at home until then.

7. I guess no longer available new? moving into chicken chompers area going by last time I tried to get one s/hand.

8. Thanks DS, much appreciated .

9. okeys Mark , surprising in the hands of a sheety and industrial polisher that could be minter, just saying.

10. Apologies for the tardy reply.

Yes I have a surround

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi DS I’ll PM you

12. Whilst you’ve got it apart, it’s worth separating the glass lens from the reflector and polishing off the milky white deposits that build up on them.

And take several photo’s of the retaining clips holding the unit into the rim. It looks really obvious how they fit up until the moment you pick one up and try to fit it, then it’s immediately back to front and upside down!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks DS , much appreciated.

Good point D, especially photographing the clips, cheers.

14. D8E1BB75-CED7-44CF-8C9C-F75B4E5D6DDD.jpeg Special thanks here to DucatiScud who not only wouldn’t take anything for the surround but asked only that I contribute to a charity (I chose Air Ambulance) but also detoured his ride out to deliver the part, that’s what makes this forum great at times, now fitted, thanks again DS.

#16 Mark9, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 7
  15. incredibly kind @DucatiScud , try and find one in good condition on EBay, let alone free.. what a refreshing contrast this place can be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Oh and thanks to Darkness for the tip on photographing the clips, I see what you mean!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information