1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M9rr

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by James85, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Anyone tried them yet??

2. What are the ones before like? The M7’s? I’ve got them on my Superduke R and I’m gonna do a track day. No van- just ride there and go....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Currently have a pair on my Multistrada and have done about a 1000 cold but dry miles So far, IMO, the M9RR is not outshining the M7RR which is my all time favourite scratching tyre. The M9RR doesn’t feel any faster, it doesn’t feel any more sure footed and despite the claim, it isn’t going to last for longer than the M7RR. Might try a Rosso III next time as the girlfriend likes them a lot. You can keep the Michelin, the Dunlop and the Bridgestone, all of which are good tyres, just not for me. Not tried the latest Continental bike tyres but given my experience with Continental tyres on my AMG E class, that isn’t going to happen any time soon. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yes, I have them on my german bike. Good tyres. As good as M7RRs. Are they any better? I cannot tell!

5. I had M7RR's on the M1200R. The rear did about 2700 miles while the front was on 3700 and still going. I expected better from the rear, but the Scottish roads has eaten it up somewhat more than the daily usage.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I noticed the same about Scottish roads. Got 2500 out the rear Pirelli scorpion on my pikes peak.

7. I’ve always liked Michelin tyres on my cars and bikes

8. IMO, you are doing well to get better than 2500 miles from a rear. That’s the compromise for the better grip. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hi Andy
    Just reading yours and Samieb post about rear mileage on the M7rr, did you change because it was worn down to the depth mark or lack of grip, i have a pair on my 848.

10. Not a fan of running a tyre to the wear indicator so I usually still have maybe 2mm/2.5mm depth. Biggest issue for me is I push the front so end up with a shoulder which eventually affects the ride quality. The rear I just tend to shred having fun :D Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I have been thinking about these as well. The thing is the Rosso III that came with the bike seem fine, so thinking I might go with the new Rosso IV when the time comes.

Still not really sure about these Metzelers
    From their website:

upload_2021-5-7_22-16-11.png

12. Metzeler are owner by Pirelli but have established a name for themselves in recent years. Their Racetec was the control tyre for the 1000cc SuperStock class and their tyres have been extensively used on the IoM. Other than my Panigale V4, I have used Metzeler tyres exclusively for about 5 years. Just scrubbed in their Roadtec 01SE on my 1200 Multistrada and I’m impressed. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’ve used the M7’s and I’ve just put M9RR’s on my Multistrada, I really like both. So much better than any Michelin I’ve tried or the Bridgestone I had on it. The M9 turns in really quick and is meant to have 10% more durability than the M7. I get more mileage than the guys above.

These tyres and suspension adjustments have transformed my Multistrada.

14. I liked the M7rr on my S1. Confidence in the wet too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. not yet. Highly unlikely not to be a small improvement somewhere. M7rr were very good in Spanish Pyrenees a couple of years back.
    Much to my surprise I am very impressed by the Pirellis that came on the 1200r. Even good on damp roads, not what I would have expected from Pirelli sport tyres. Might even be tempted to have them again.
    To be fair though it has been a lot of years since I used Pirelli, except for the Angel touring tyre that came stock on 1290gt, they were just ok imo.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Yes, I know I’m a geek but sometimes being a geek results in one or two useful bits of information. Metzeler now produce the M9RR in sizes to fit a GS which means they’ll also fit the V4 Multistrada. Result ! Andy

17. M9rr on the GS! worth a punt. Bet the back does not last long..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information