1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Made In Italy

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Oldrat, Jan 26, 2021.

1. (As suggested by mods- please can this be a Brexit free zone- thank you)

MIIM, The classic motorcycle dealers in Stowmarket.

I keep getting drawn back to them. I’ve had a few visits over the years and love the mix machines they have in stock. And they certainly seem to know their Ducati onions.

Has anyone here ever bought from them or sold to them?

I see that they charge 15% if you commission them to sell your bike, does that sound like the going rate?

I’d welcome useful comments please

#1 Oldrat, Jan 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  2. They always seem to have had a stock of nice bikes for years. Some IMO reasonably priced, some a bit top.
    Never visited or bought from them so can't really comment.

15% of a £5k bike isn't too much, but 15% of a £60k bike is quite a chunk. Would have thought it more sensible to have a sliding scale depending on value. That said it is still less than the combined buyer and seller commissions of major auctiion houses.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That place looks like it would be right up @Pete1950 ‘s alley as he loves a bit of classic Ducati exotica. I haven’t seen him on here for a while though and I doubt he’s joined “the other forum”.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 2
  4. I have only ever actually bought one bike off John Fallon ("Made in Italy"), and that was only a little 1965 bevel single. But he is a great guy and his shop is well worth a visit to Stowmarket. Only if you are interested in classic Italian motorbikes, obviously.

#5 Pete1950, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Good to see you back here Pete. I was going to drop you a text to make sure you're ok if you'd not popped your head above the parapet by the weekend :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information