1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mamford Thread Closed?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, May 5, 2020.

1. Seems a bit odd. And before I could chip in with some sarcasm on his virtue signalling too. Damn.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I wanted to correct something but it was closed for me, as well. I thought that I was allowed to talk shhhhhhhh........ but obviously not:confounded:

3. Stazi rule.

4. Mamford and sons?

5. It got disappeared, an explanation was given.

6. I had it explained to me. It was down to not wanting a well-known supermarket brand on our back.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Like it’s not all over Twitter and Facebook. Shame it was just warming up ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I guess Twitter and Facebook can afford better solicitors.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tesco’s are TWATS! There Ive said it. I’ll await their solicitors letter. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. And, from anyone here, you’d know most!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Exactly! I said it with all sincerity, albeit from the safety of my forum anonymity. Tesco’s has one the most ruthless business models out there and will shit on anyone who doesn’t comply or fall into line with them. I don’t have any business links with them but a few years ago I attended a suppliers meeting with a friend. As usual it was all about how Tesco’s were going to be doing things with a like it or lump it emphasis. The thing that amazed me at the time was even though they were dictating more rules and regulations (of which some were ridiculous) ,price cuts and delayed payments of 3 months. Nobody said anything, they just sat there and took it without question! After the meeting I quizzed my friend as to why they don’t stand up to it. He told me a story of how a chap once stood up and told Tesco’s exactly what he thought of them, everyone one else was thinking it but he had the balls to say it. Two days later he got a letter through the post terminating his contract. They made an example of him through bully boy tactics. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Crap Crap x 1
  12. Crap because it’s crap how Tesco (and others I’m sure but they are the most notorious) treat their supply chain

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tesco is a shambles... the local (Brigg) store has been chaotic during CV19 and I've now completely boycotted that store and am preferring other places after both me and the OH had run ins with them... I was instructed to remove my (flip front) helmet because I was frightening the staff (anyone that knows me will know I look like a character from Wind In The Willows and in my wildest hopes I couldn't be frightening) and 95% of attacks in the store come from people wearing helmets... we had a big discussion about the basis and veracity of those statistics which concluded with a lecture about not making up statistics being administered. A week or so later my OH was in there and was shrieked at for going "the wrong way" around the one way system. OH pointed at the arrow on the floor she was following and only after about 5 minutes would the litttle she-Nazi accept that OH was following the one-way system...

So that's Tesco. Horrible horrible.

We now use Riverford where possible and I love the story from their founder about building a special facility in order to fulfil a supermarket contract, having the supermarket try to renegotiate terms after delivery of goods and then said-founder smashing the facility up with hammers such was his resolve never to deal with supermarkets again. That said, Lidl have been flawless (Brigg and Barton upon Humber) during this crisis and the home delivery drivers from Morrison's were great when we've used them.

So boo to Tesco and their horrible business practices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Don’t think I’ve been into a Tesco more than three times, each time it’s been” educational” from ill fitting clothing to the most tramp stamps I’ve seen short of a brits abroad TV special.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Agreed and so many in " sportswear" but so few that look like they ever take part in sport.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Small people with power. PCSO syndrome.

17. They did it with a transport company I did a little work for on behalf of a client, they sent him bust after he disagreed with their methods.

18. so, you like living life on the veg do you?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I do.

20. good company. ians a top bloke :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information