1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marco Simoncelli Raced Into Heaven 9 Years Ago Today.

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by WAYNE, Oct 23, 2020.

1. 9 years where the hell did that go, just thought it would be good if anyone has any great stories about him experiences etc, i never got to meet him but had the opportunity to watch him race at Donington Motogp 2008 in the 250s where he came 2nd, great race good battle and seeing him on the podium with his massive hair brilliant stuff, i did have a photo of it but my fucking mobile fucked up and i lost all my pictures of that day, i had a great one of Rossi coming out of the pits grabbing his crotch like he does and Scott Redding winning.

#1 WAYNE, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Marco Simoncelli, what a loss he was to motorcycle racing and what a great character and personality he was. I was a fan of his and I enjoyed every minute of seeing him race.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Marco was a proper racer, gave 100%, dry or wet didn't matter, I don't think he was phased by the background politics and bullshit, I just admired our 'Side Show Bob' and miss his on and off track antics.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wow, nine years already!

I visited the La Storia del Sic Gallery the first time I went to the Misano MotoGP in 2014 and that was worth the visit. Not very big, but has various items from throughout his karting and bike racing career. The highlights for me were his WSBK RSV4 and and the mock-up of his San Carlo pit box with his leathers, pit board and MotoGP bike on display. Lots of tributes to him around his home town of Coriano as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Mrs and me where at that Motogp 2014 with Rossi getting the win, fantastic atmosphere not done Coriana yet but will hopefully at some point, there is always too much to do in Italy :upyeah:.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A lot of the regular riders didn't think he was safe on the track especially little Dani Pedrosa,but for me he brought some energy to the table which was lacking at that period intime.
    MotoGp+of+Italy+Previews+d2czWha3KYsx.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The witch hunt against him with Lorenzo, Stoner, Pedrosa, etc i remember when Marco went to shake Pedrosas hand to apologize for the overtake that took him out and he refused to shake his hand, little twat that still makes my blood boil, but anyway he was a proper racer and a funny guy .

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Yeah the aliens got piss off with some upstart shooting holes in their spaceship.Lol;)...which i thought was funny rocking the boat making waves and all that.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. He is missed and at the time injected some much needed interest in to moto gp. Got to wonder where he would be now in the rankings/titles race. Out of all the racers, wish he was still on track.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Funny how this behaviour is lauded with Simmo, but vilified with MM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Death is a great career move. His aggressive style drew a lot of whinging. Then he got killed and he was the best thing since sliced bread!

But I liked his 'ruffle em up' style. Mind you, I've always liked bad boys :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information