1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Mark 1 Superlight

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Dickie100, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Hello forum, I've decided to sell my superlight. Date of first registration 16 06 1993. I bought the bike in 2009. It was in very poor condition with only 10000 miles on the clock. When I got it home I went over it and found lots and lots of faults. I dropped the oil out of it and noticed bits of aluminium in the oil, so complete engine strip and replace gallery plug. Also found the original Marvic wheels were cracked, replaced with standard brembos. Bought a new gallery plug from Baines racing, new crank main bearings etc. Also found the fuel tank was full of rust and filled with tank sealant. I found a mint condition tank off a later model on e bay.
    Still got the original tank, was planning to get it refurbished but never got round to it. Decided to do a proper strip and rebuild IN 2014 to make it look mint. Full strip, frame powder coated welded and frame brace fitted. Wheels powder coated. Suspension refurbished.
    Brand new mikuni carbs, stage 2 dyno jet kit. Open air box with K&N, Sil moto end cans. Basically anything that needed replacing got replaced. I've since down just over a 1000 miles since the last rebuild. The bike goes great and looks great. Quick sale

View attachment 128232

View attachment 128231

View attachment 128233

View attachment 128241

View attachment 128242

#1 Dickie100, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Dickie,,Lovely pictures to wet people's appetite:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just to add the Marvics are cracked/f##ked. The original cans are in a bit of a state but no dents.

4. Can the wheels not be fixed and what is the number on the yokes as i think i need glasses PDQ:(

5. 316

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. Thanks El, got the first two numbers ok but not the third:(

7. C8E61678-4FA5-47A4-8706-02DBFC7030AC.png

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Hi XH, wheels are non-repairable, if they were I would have had them done. I did see a pair advertised on e bay a couple of years ago. I was tempted, but considering how much they wanted I didn't take a chance.

9. but it's good you still have them as part of the sale:upyeah:

10. Yes any one who buys the bike can have the wheels. I only put them in to show that it's a genuine Mark 1. As far as I'm aware, the mark 1 was year 1992, but mines a 93. Someone did set up a website for superlight owners, not sure if that site is still going. I didn't join so mine isn't on there "316"

11. Yep, pretty sure you are right. I'm sure in my paperwork I saw somewhere it was assembled in 1992. It's a k reg, and registered in 1993 so advertising as a 93

12. Nope, where's Kidderminster?.:D
    The bike is in Essex just outside London. Should have mentioned that in the add

13. Birmingham not to far. I suppose It depends how much you want one. Superlight's are becoming quite rare now. I was going to travel to Scotland one time. Can't remember why I changed my mind with that one.
    I did occasionally post on the old ducatisti forum, I dought I'm the guy you are thinking of though. I never really been one to post much on internet forums.
    Just thought I'd add, my MOT tester thinks I'm mad to sell this bike, he loves it....

14. Thanks mate, yep I would like to keep but it's gotta go. Great bike, id prefer to sell it on here. If it don't sell on here it'll go on e bay.

15. Nah I bought it in January. Old bikes sell anytime of the year :D

16. Very nice!!!!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. If you have access to Facebook there is a Superlight/FE page, also 2 valve page. Probaly worth putting add on there as MK1's are like hens teeth & yours is very competitively priced. I'd want at least that for my unrestored Mk3.

#17 Kevin Tallant, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  18. Thanks, I 'll check that out on Facebook. Yeah I think it's worth more than I'm asking, going to up the price. I did see one on e bay which was all original, asking price was just under 10k. Also seen one on there for 6.5k, that was on there for ages but it was yellow, red definitely more popular.

19. Another pic. Carbon cam covers, still got the originals. I also raised the oil cooler above the cylinder.

20180307_114509.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. If I wasn’t saving for a new house (new child arriving soon) I’d snap your arm off.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information