1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Duggan - unlawfully killed?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gliddofglood, Jan 8, 2014.

1. So the guy goes to pick up a gun, and gets shot dead.

So what is so surprising? Would it have better if they'd waited for him to use it?

People need to get real. We don't really require criminals running around with guns, which are used either to kill people or to threaten to kill them.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

• Like Like x 12
  2. You're not. As soon as the guy got himself a gun, he took the risk. After all why does one need to get oneself a gun?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Indeed. The fella was a violent career criminal. A waste of organs in my view, and the idiots shouting 'no justice' outside the court need to be rounded up as well!

• Like Like x 4
  4. See the 'family' outside court?! Cue another riot.

Reading the reports its more related to whether it was his gun or he was fitted up. One copper says he was Britain's most wanted, another they had nothing on him

5. Interesting question, particularly as over on another thread, the shooting of John Charles Menezes has just been raised again.

in this case, the guy was a known gangster, raised in a gangster family and known to carry a gun. I'm not convinced that he gad a gun at the time he was killed. I think it's entirely possible that evidence was fabricated to support the theory that he had a gun. However, I can see that given the likely warnings that he may have had a gun, the arrest team could have overreacted and shot the guy without any real provocation.

However, if you look like a gangster, talk like a gangster and act like one, don't be too surprised if the Police come after you with mp5s.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You're all wrong because I heard his mother say on channel 4 news tonight that "the whole country knows he was executed". I was surprised to hear this as I live in this country and believe differently. Oh well I'm sure she knows best.

Did anyone else see the thick cow? She was parading one of his kids in front of the camera saying that the poor lad didn't know where his dad has gone. So tell him then. He was shot. Easy.

• Like Like x 3
  7. you know something, had it been summer there may well of been a riot or two.

8. Last time I looked, the police hadn't organised an armed response team to intercept my movements.

But no doubt it's just a matter of time.

9. specially with your internet habits.:tongue:

10. Is that a gun in your pocket or are you pleased to see me?" said my late wife.

• Like Like x 4
  11. If it was a jacket pocket, it must be large.

12. Sorry guys got to disagree. Recent events have proven time and again that the police can and will make mistakes (frequently) and lie, especially to save their own skin.
    Remember all the shit that was in the press after the demenezes killing. How he wearing ruck sack, acting suspiciously, jumping barriers at the station. hanging around on the platform for multiple trains. all bullshit to cover for the fact they shot an innocent man in the face 10 times in public primarily cos they were incompetent, could not communicate and were twitchy due to the events the day before.
    We only have the very biased opinions and facts fed to us by the media ( and scotland yards press office)about what happened to Mark Dugan but bottom line was he too was unarmed when he was shot dead by police
    I have no doubt mark Dugan was no angel but the weak justifications for an unnecessary and tragic killing such as no smoke no fire/ live by the sword etc rhetoric just doesn't wash with me. The whole thing stinks IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Harsh on the comment about the child. Surely he is innocent in all this.
    I once knew Deiter who's farther was hanged after the war, massive issue for him his whole life.

I have family in the force and I find it troubling why very few a questioning the abohorent bevavior of seeking to acquire a gun. This is as about as far from civilised as you can get. It is a better outcome that he died than took another's life.

• Like Like x 2
  14. The thing is that you , or the police can know for sure that some arsehole is in it up to his neck ( crime ) but are unable to do much because of reluctant / intimidated witnesses , obstructive family/friends / cohorts, media interference ....whatever . I would only have one problem with police manufacturing / modifying/planting evidence, and /or fudging the truth to put these pieces of shit away and that is that the police themselves do not have the honesty and integrity to do this correctly . There are already plenty of people in jail who are only there because the police's only other option apart from falsely charging these people would be to admit to their dishonesty/incompetence in these cases , it would seem that they get it wrong more times than they get it right. I get pissed off with the media too , I mean if the guy is really a piece of shit , his family are all crooks and he really deserves a prison sentence or a bullet , why the fuck do the media have to blow it all wide open when it happens , why cant they do nothing .... no footage of the crims family outside court , no nothing.... in these cases they do more harm than good.............JM2C:smile:

15. 99+ % of the police are honest trustworthy and reliable.
    and prisons are full of innocents.

old saying - you fly with the crows you get shot with them

#17 Phill, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Fucking bullshit !

17. Fucking irony!

• Like Like x 1
  18. An interesting perspective - at least someone was bothered to look for evidence to support the arguments...
    pic.twitter.com/2x3CeAX3en

Do Not Sell My Personal Information