1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez Extends His Contract

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by El Toro, Feb 20, 2020.

1. A nine figure sum over the four years apparently :astonished:

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. Get ready for the onslaught from Rossi fans who will say this is why he (MM) will never be as good......

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'd be more worried about his brother in the same team and with only a year contract.

4. Great news for Honda. Easy choice for Marquez. Bad news for mgp

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ll do it for 8 figures.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 100,000,000
    9 figures
    Total bull!
    IMO

7. And that’s based on thinking it’s only 100,000,000
    It could well be more.

8. 5EB7EAEF-FE82-46DE-91F5-E3E998598257.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. That's great news,as now i can have more rides out on the bike instead of watching a one horse race.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. He was on 17 so is 25 a year over four years unrealistic

11. The article suggested quite a lot less. Guess it depends on what they mean by 'deal'. I'd suspect there are lots of sponsorship deals outside of the Honda deal, maybe wrapping all this together hits big numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I guess only MM and Honda will know the actual figure but it’s going to be a huge number.
    I think he knows his worth and honestly believes he’s the best ever. He wants to win everything and be known as the best motorcycle racer ever in terms of results and financial worth but the one thing that he can’t control is his popularity. No matter how much he’s paid and how many championships he wins he will never be as popular as the yellow guy and that will grip his shit big style so in a way the big money deal is another victory for him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. You wonder if he will take over the god status once Rossi steps down. I think he won't. There seem to be enough who simply dont like him, at all, to give him that status.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I bet within those 4 years, someone new will be beating him on a regular basis. Its the way of sport.

It does appear his injuries may be just starting to catch up with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  15. Guess as a comparison...but I'd suspect F1 is on an entirely different level to MGP for both cost and sponsorships and viewing figures
    • Lewis Hamilton - $57-million (approx. ...
    • READ: Millions in salary, incredible cars, and relaxing holidays… F1 ace Lewis Hamilton's life of leisure. ...
    • Sebastian Vettel - $45-million (approx. ...
    • Daniel Ricciardo - $17-million (approx. ...
    • Max Verstappen - $13.5-million (approx. .

16. I'd like to agree bit have no idea what "grip his shit big style" means.

I've asked the apprentice and he gave me a funny look.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. As a Rossi fan,unfortunately for me i can't forgive him for interfering with Rossi's 2015 campaign.And yes i'm very aware that he has raised the bar in the raceworld with his fantastic particular race craft style.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information