1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marquez Raring To Go

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by HyperMac, Mar 9, 2021.

1. On Moto GP site. He’s training hard now , right arm huge improvement and he’s hoping for a Qatar start . Impressive progress

2. upload_2021-3-9_12-58-25.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Good stuff. MotoGP is not quite MotoGP without him. His level is the clear benchmark that all others aspire to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Whether you like him or not, he's raised the bar very high where most other riders can't get anywhere near his level but only in their dreams.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Unless you are one of his competitors !

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yeah, for every other MotoGP rider, it means their future chances of winning a race, much less a championship just fell 75%

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think he will be there round 1, even if he’s aiming top 10 and knocks 0.5 seconds a lap off I think he can run in the top 10 and then build from there. It’s not the same situation as Jerez when he literally had the broken arm and tbh he still didn’t embarrass himself

8. I prefered MotoGP without him tbh. Not knowing who was going to win was really exciting, probably as exciting as watching Rossi in his hay day!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Not such good news... Marc Marquez confirms he will miss 2021 MotoGP season openers in Qatar

Marquez confirmed the decision, saying: "After the last review with the medical team, the doctors have advised me that the most prudent thing was not to take part in the Qatar Grand Prix and to continue with the recovery plan that we have followed in recent weeks.

"I would have loved to be able to participate in the opening race of the World Championship, but we will have to continue working to be able to recover the optimal conditions that allow us to return to competition."

10. He's still young. He has time on his side. Altho, don't hurry back coz 2020 was the best season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Says here he’s going to undergo another health check on the 12th so does that mean he’s going to skip the 2nd round too on the 4th?

https://motogp.hondaracingcorporati...Ek20oYFCKcOFqYCYOvHkp-cBD72hNswknlvjFNmKTLLe0

I can see it going one of two ways for him, take it easy (relatively) and do enough to get the result you want/need. If your on pole in qualifying and a league ahead of second then there’s no need to push it to beat your own time!

or ignore all that, crash in qualifying beating your own pole time and break your arm again in the process?

#17 Ackers, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  12. I would imagine that his arm is allways going to be a weak spot ,and ,if he breaks it again it will be the end of his career .

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. @GaryO doesn't think 2020 was a great season. Personally, I loved it.

14. Always going to be a controversial/subjective one that, yes it was a great season but if you havent got the best rider on the grid im not sure you can call it the best season, can you?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information