1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Marzocchi Forks

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by pauly, May 4, 2021.

1. Read some threads, about the rebound damping on base 1199 Marzocchi forks being dodgy. And failing in quite a few cases. Is the base 1299 similarly afflicted?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't know if mine had 'failed', but there was no difference between maximum and minimum damping. The bike is epic, but I felt this was a job I had to sort out. Various methods of dealing with it, and various prices! See threads on 1199 and 1299 forks. IMG_20210124_144840.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Searched some threads, and sorting it out seemed to vary from new cartridges, up to a new aftermarket front end. And Ducati denying there is an issue.

4. To answer your question. Yes it effects the base model 1299

I looked into this last year and ended up going for maxton SD25 cartridges as it removed the issue and gave a performance upgrade also.

There was another option by Racelabsuspension which replaced the bladder (item that is known to fail) and the rebound piston, but this largely just fixes the problem rather than offer any upgrade in addition to the fix. I was quoted £400 to loose forks.

This is the piston they use in the mod.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273659841941?hash=item3fb765cd95:g:tn0AAOSwQfRcP2tf

Guy was called Paul and really helpful so maybe given him a call.

https://www.racelab.co.uk/

or alternatively speak with Richard at Maxton.

5. Thanks for the info, I had seen a post about the Andreani bits. But it seemed for the sake of another couple of hundred quid, Maxton cartridges made more sense. Or am I underestimating the cost (£600 fitted?) And is the rear shock junk too?

6. I went for Maxton Cartridges with matching shock, all set up specific for me and would happily recommend.

You would have to speak to Maxton for upto date costs.

7. Maxton
    Full carts 920 plus 155 plus vat
    Half carts 495 plus 155 plus vat
    Up to date as of about a month ago
    Hth

8. That includes fitting to loose forks

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thanks, not cheap then. Will Ohlins forks from another bike fit straight in?

#9 pauly, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  10. Perhaps the most cost effective approach is the one shown here. With the exception of machining the cartridge caps (unless you happen to have a machine shop), the entire procedure can be completed at home.

11. I assume the above pricing is for the GP30 cart.

When I got mine 8 months ago, Richard steered me away from the GP30 half carts and suggested their new SD25 cartridges.

Looking back at emails they were 675+vat and then 155 fitting for the sd25 cartridges I had fitted.

12. Yes pal , GP30 carts

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information