1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Massively Improved Screen - Well For Me Anyway

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mark_h, May 18, 2019.

1. As with everyone else, I have been asking lots of questions about how to get around the relentless buffeting you get at speed on a standard Multistrada screen. I found it all got a lot better when I took the screen off so went down the route of finding the smallest screen that did not cost a fortune.

I found an Italian supplier on ebay. £60 delivered. The screen itself it matt black on the outside but for some reason gloss black on the inside so reflects a bit. May have to get some matt lacquer on it if it continues to offend. However. First ride was a massive improvement. I then tried it with my screen spacers off of the big screen and it was even better. Windy obviously but clean and consistent wind so no buffeting and much more comfortable.

The screen is just about big enough to protect the "above the clocks" sat-nav mount too.

I've found the best combo so-far is with the screen set all the way down but the spacers set to the upper position. Good to "private runway" speeds. With a 4 hole screen you can fix them facing up or down so have more options. Facing up seems to be good. Without the spacers it fits closer to the bodywork, still no buffeting but much much noisier when you get a shift-on.

Sits forward of the fairing plastics a little with the spacers fitted but I don't think it's too offensive and less bulky than the MRA screens with the spoilers.

Few pics below including one for the spacer configuration that seemed to work best. Still need to try it at night to make sure the lights do not shine up through the screen. IMG_0384.jpg IMG_0383.jpg IMG_0386.jpg IMG_0388.jpg IMG_0389.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Looks interesting, the angle is much better to deflect air-stream over your face or helmet visor. Bookmarked'

3. If you don't use the screen spacers then there is a bit of a wobble as the screen is a bit thinner than the standard screen so teh original shouldered bolts do not fully tighten. You get about 1mm of travel along the bolt shafts. Don't believe it will impact anything and as they are rubber bushes it makes no noise but may need to experiment with different bolts or some sort of washer if you go for the no stand-off option.

Night time was not bad. No reflection from the lights bit a very slight reflection of the dash in one corner. May just take some fine wet and dry to the inside surface to take the shine off of it.

4. Hague blue, nice. :)

5. Given the screen you feel is quite thin and the inside is a bit shiny that reflection is noticeable, a possible, if you have the patience, is that frosting on a sheet they use to make your windows look frosted. It's only a couple of quid, would remove the reflection and as a film would add a layer of rigidity to the screen

• Like Like x 2
  6. May get myself a bit of wrap vinyl and just lay that on the inside. Or perhaps chav it up a little, get some carbon wrap and do both sides!

7. Just spray it Matt black on the inner side and job done. That's all I did after I cut mine down to sport size.

8. Are those spacers still available??

9. I got my spacers from Jamie Clare who runs iconic. He advertises on here. About £40 a set. They made a slight improvement with the standard screen and a massive difference with this short screen. @Jamie Clare

10. Thanks Mark. Think I’m going to have to make a start on sorting out the buffeting and noise, seems a good place to start

11. Completely fixed the buffeting for me. Still quite noisy but I wear decent earplugs and my last bike was a naked so used to being in the wind. With the short screen I get no buffeting with or with or without the spacers. With the spacers its a much cleaner airflow so a lot quieter but still not full on quiet by any stretch.

12. I used an MRA when I had my MTS1200

13. I just ride faster, you soon forget about the buffeting and concentrate more on where your riding.o_O

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information