1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matte Cleaning

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Streetfighterboy, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Hi all,

I have a matte black sf 848 and was wondering if any of you know the best products to clean it with ?

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Another shout for nanolex, seems good so far, hopefully a little goes a long way as you don't get much in a bottle.

3. Valet Pro & Chemical Guys produce products specifically for matt Finishes.....everything from Matt Specific shampoo to final detailing sprays ( I'm a Master Detailer )

4. Get yerself the Devine wax combo....only £2100.....LOL

5. I've got a KTM with a matt black finish. I just use a hint of ACF50 on a cloth. And on wheels, forks and anything subject to corrosion - except brakes, obviously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can the nanolex stuff be used to clean matt finish carbon fibre too ??

7. Yep... they are formulated PH neutral so are safe for any matte finish

• Like Like x 1
  8. Good to know Steeve cheer's

9. Does GT85 or Mr Sheen? That's all I use to clean my bikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. There is no silicone in WD40.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ive been looking up how to clean, and care for the matte paint on my 848

i wondered if anyone has tried and tested a few bits and could give theyre opinions and the cleaning process, post a few dos and donts, (i know a few already)

i have seen muc off's matte paint detailer and muc off seem to have been good stuff in the past
    and some 'chemical guys' matte paint range. from cleaning to protection.

before i go out and spent£120 on cleaning liquids. thought id post here see what you guys have to say[emoji5]

12. I know a good painter than can top coat for ya!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Threads merged

14. Never heard that before. I have used Mer polish on my 749 carbon for over 10 years, with no visible effect to the carbon. Not sure if the clear lacquer protects the carbon or not. Will go and look in to this.

Quote from the Mer web site :

Does MER ‘Ultimate Shine Polish’ contain Silicon?
    Yes. All wax polishes contain Silicon which helps protect paintwork, producing a remarkable mirror-like surface.

15. Another vote for Nanolex. I use(d) it on my 848, Monster 796 and now SF848. Simple proces of using the shampoo and once or twice a year I use the cleaner and sealer to keep the paintwork in fine order. I also use their wheelcleaner for my wheels, great stuff.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information