1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxton Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension help' started by tater, Aug 23, 2019.

1. I've been thinking about a suspension upgrade for a while for my none S DVT, finally got around to contacting Maxton about what they offer. They've sent me out a fact sheet which made for some interesting reading. Attached for your consideration.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I guess it makes sense if you don't have an S version with Skyhook (they don't mention this)

3. Bullet points mate?

4. I fitted Maxton rear suspension / front inserts to a Tiger 800 I used to own, totally transformed the handling, still using same rear unit on my new T800, Recommended...

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cheers for that, always nice to have the opinion of someone that’s been there and done that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I have a 2015 base dvt multistrada didnt think the suspension was as bad as Maxton say it is. I've dialed it in and does me most of the time. Yes the front can be vague and pattery but Cumbrian roads are quite unforgiving in these austere times of local government funding being starved. Until my bike starts to detriorate (its donenearly 14k miiles) i won't be spending big coin on it. Thanks for the info sheet though.

7. Took my DVT to a place in Meriden be Coleshill I think it was called Road and Track best £150 I've spent on a bike completely transformed the ride and handling

8. Thread moved

9. T500 take it was for suspension set up?

10. Yes suspension set up I've never been a fan of skyhook it's a unnecessary complication
    My DVT handled as well if not better than my mate's S Touring

• Like Like x 1
  11. The best Multistrada suspension was on the twin spark pike's peak with the electronic ohlins still hasn't been bettered . I'm probably biased because I've got one

12. The best money you can spend is getting the suspension set up/sorted.

#12 bradders, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  13. Maxton is a quality company and built their reputation building TZ frames and suspension for many TT winners. On a TZ with stock Showa suspension you could not stay with a Maxton bike around the island. What sets their current service apart is they valve the forks and shock to match the spring. Other top tier manufacturers like Ohlins sell their products with standard springs. Easy enough to have the springs changed to match your weight/style but unless the suspension shop does it, valving is not changed to suit the spring. That doesn't of course make Ohlins and say Nitron inferior products, but the degree of customisation offered by Maxton is a nice benefit. I rate Maxton on a level with Ohlins top line stuff, and possibly better than the Ohlins OEM products fitted as standard to production bikes (i.e. TTX OEM version fitted to Pani S).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. which is fine for the racers, but for normal road riding doesn't need that much finesse on the Multistrada.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information