1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe Electric Bikes Aren't So Far Off

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Derek, May 2, 2019.

1. :eek: But what about the noise!!!

2. I know someone who had a Maserati diesel that sounded for all the world like a V8 muscle car. 'How is that possible?' I said to him and looked it up on t'interweb.
    It was possible by using an amplifier and speakers under the car to create a soundtrack that varies with throttle input and engine-speed!
    So it can be done but might eat into that 150mile range...

3. That Lightning Strike is surely too good to be true with those figures and at that price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I cant even be trusted to plug my iphone in to make sure its charged. Let alone a fucking bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lightning 218 is the first generation one,...it topped 218mph!

6. You've got to be impressed by that sort of performance, even if doesn't make a loud noise.

7. Fag packet in the spokes :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ducati have announced nothing :eyes: I'm gonna need bigger cables when they do, huge :blush:

"Ducati is well known for their motorcycle legacy, and they have even teased that an electric Ducati motorcycle is in the works. But now it looks like they’ll leverage a new partnership to unveil a Ducati electric scooter first".

9. Bloody hell!!!

10. I'm more concerned with safety, the robots I work with are deadly silent. Now something going over that 100mph with little to no noise....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Watched Henry Cole last night, he was at Hesketh's, Paul Sleeman announced their intention on producing electric motorbike within the year. Doomed for failure what do you think ?

12. Bet Ducati still find a way of sticking timing belts on it.

13. If they don't I will, and great big fekkin' cables too - huge :eek:

14. They will have to move over to the drive belts harleys used to use to replace the chain, more rubber belts ay exi

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information