1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mce Insurance Includes Track Day Cover!

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Air Duck, Apr 26, 2017.

1. So after being royally shafted by Carole Nash (yet again FFS) I rang around and seem to have found a great policy with MCE which includes helmet/leathers, European travel cover, some breakdown, and UK TRACK DAY COVER!!! It also covers you riding other bikes as long as that bike is insured plus some other shit I've forgotten.

Their fully comp price was cheaper than TPFT with those wankers at Carole Nash.

Almost seems too good to be true :fearscream:

2. It is. MCE are one of the worse insurers reviewed when it comes to claims.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ah bollox, what's the problem with them - don't they pay up or what?
    Having been through HELL for the past few YEARS with Carole Nash I won't be using them again!

4. MCEs compulsory excess is the highest iv come across, last time I looked it was £600 basically eliminating any small claims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. They are always the cheapest - all mods acceptable too other than Turbocharging or Supercharging - I'm with them currently but never had to claim. Always done the track day cover too, thought everyone knew :) where's my tank :Arghh:

6. I've made two claims through them. They're very slow but I did get paid in the end. Excess was high but I knew that. So I would say I recommend them. But if you need a bike and the only way to get to work etc is if they pay out then don't go with them. Took 6 months each time I would say.

7. No small claims are worth looking at due to premiums going up if you do surely?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for that.
    yeah six months is no problem, I won't begin to explain WTF Carole Nash do when you have a serious accident but I will tell you don't even think about it. I went with CN simply as I could get a bunch of my bikes covered on the one policy.
    Cool I'll go with MCE then - seems a great offer TBH! Thanks for the useful input :upyeah:

9. Yeah I know shit from Jack Diddley about most stuff so it's a new one on me!
    Yeah think I'm gonna press the buy button.... stand back!!!
    Ah thought you didn't want that lovely 3.3Kg LIGHTER tank??

10. Google can be you're best friend especially with MCE, I'm with them at the moment under duress coz my last insurer wouldn't touch me as I hadn't had at least 6 months riding the Diavel prior to that they'd covered me on a 190brake ZX10r and a Yam 950. I've been with them before and they do dangle a few carrots to get you in, pit walks at BSB,track days etc. Just read the small print.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. It would pay for your insurance now for 4 years instead of 1 :Cigar:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Stay well away from MCE! I was with them for a year but luckily didn't need to claim. I found them the most unprofessional outfit I've ever dealt with.

I called them once to ask about renewal prices and couldn't hear what the guy was saying over the jeering and shouting in the background. I genuinely and politely said I'm struggling to hear due to background noise. The phone went silent for a second while he probably said keep the noise down. This was then followed by louder shouting of "oi wanker" and "miserable twat". At that point I said "doesn't matter" and hung up.

I phoned Ducati Insurance who we're night and day compared to MCE even though a bit more expensive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks for the info and it doesn't sound too handy but I don't know if I'd hold it against an insurer that their poorly-paid call centre staff get a bit boisterous TBH... It's gotta be a shit thankless job I bet!

14. They are all criminals..!

After ducati Insurance just put my insurance up by £400 just because a twat drove into the door of my car last year, they can all go to hell. The same thing happened to me about 6 years ago. Minding my own business and get hit by another car... insurance goes up at renewal. Got all kinds of BS about you might be a nervous driver after the accident or it might show you drive in riskier areas blah blah bs.... can you tell I hope they all rot in hell?!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mind you that would put me right off I gotta say!

16. To be honest... All insurance is a form of hedging, gambling and ultimately a stealth tax. Basically we're all being shafted. Ha

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ah they don't include or even offer any legal cover - may I ask what you do about that if you ride the bikes on the road?

18. I never have legal Cover on any of my insurances, if needed I would use my union service, or myself - as a lot of the profession is rubbish anyhow :D

19. Ah OK cheers. Yeah agree with the state of the 'profession', but some legal bills can be rather big.

20. Ok yeah I've been reading some terrible horror stories about this MCE lot... Think I'll need to sleep on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information