1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCN Polls

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by keninsussex, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Just spotted that MCN have got an online poll on their website, asking people to say how fast they've gone on UK roads.

Just how fekkin stupid are they? Of course a load of people have said they've done in excess of 150mph.

The press and anti biking mob are gonna have a field day.

As a publication that claims to have our best interests at heart, my opinion of MCN has just hit rock bottom.

#1 keninsussex, Jun 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  2. Absolute madness:rolleyes:

3. Given the fact that so many bike riders seem to be as good at exaggerating as fishermen they must be totally mad.

4. I've bored out my 999 out to 1400 cc. It now has a turbo nitrous kit on it and produces 356 bhp. Naturally I've had it up to 243 mph. Before I'd left the 30mph zone.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I voted... 80mph or less lol

what an own goal that poll is....cant wait for the shock horror headlines
    that brake and the likes of the daily star come out with.

6. Given that there are still legal races conducted on UK roads speeds in excess of 200 would not be unrealistic and if those that race added their figures to the poll the resultant figures would be meaningless, I assume MCN will take that into account when they publish the result.

7. Nearly spat my coffee out lmao
    I wouldn't even take time to vote
    Though I could pretend I ride at 100 mph yeah I wish 

8. is the poll gone now?

9. I wanted to see the results so I put in 80 mph or less and was horrified by the results, talk about shooting yourself in the foot !! similarly for the 'what would it take to stop you speeding' poll.
    The readers comments about the situation in BC (Canada) sounded pretty draconian. Enjoy it while you can people.

10. Phantom, didn't I see an avatar like yours in the comments on MCN. I suspect Phantom is not your real name !

11. yes thats me on mcn too lol, had to tell them they were numptys
    cant see the poll now, I think they took it down

12. If the UK includes the Isle of Man (and it should) then put me down for the top bracket .... otherwise, 69.9mph occifer .....

Talk about not engaging brain before publishing ! :redface:

13. Yeah ...looks like it's gone.

I looked up on their contact list and emailed their managing editor to give him my opinion. Hope it rattled a few cages, but the general level of 'feedback' on the comments section may have done the same before I even got to it.

Someone needs a rocket....

14. So is it really MCN's fault?

Yeah their stupid for hosting the poll in the first place.....but not half a stupid as the people who filled it in.

Put it this way...who is stupid the man who sells his junk on eBay or the man who buys it?

I think we maybe need to look within, when the shock horror results come to light.

15. yeah but polls like that attract bar room bikers.
    Thats one thing I hate about motorcycling,
    the amount of bu$%$hit you have to listen to from these numptys
    that think they know everything and can ride like a GP god.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So agree. I loathe the biking bullshit factor. But it's a typical male thing. Divers have all dived to 60m plus, guitar players can play better than Jimmy Page, fisherman all had a 50lb carp on the line until it broke, and don't even start me on computer and hi-fi geeks. All just ways of attempting to become top gorilla, have more bananas and a harem of submissive females.

The track at least sorts out the biking bullshitters.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Anyway did I tell you about the time I got asked to stand in and do a Hendrix guitar solo set?

Fact is....I'd been out scuba diving...just doing the normal 85m stuff, n I got phone call on a prototype waterproof extreme sports PDA Bill Gates asked me to try out for him, anyway making a sharpish return to the surface, I had a few issues with a small 300lbs shark, so I got it in a headlock to take it back to the boat, but the little f*cker gave me the slip just as we got to the surface after it dislodged the PDA from my arm, nobody on the boat even seen it as it made such a hasty retreat from my grip.

Anyway back on dry land I collected my guitar and set off on my bike as I was running late for the show, only got a pull from the police....I never even seen him.....180mph on the back wheel of my trusty Honda c90, with repsol paint job, said the copper, but he let me off as long as I'd give him some lessons on wheelie's.

Anyway missed my slot doing the Hendrix stuff, by the time I got home the harem were all tucked up in bed fast asleep.

I tell you....what a Sh*t day that was.....nearly as bad as the day my one off custom Bose sound system was stolen.

#19 XxAnthxX, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Hilarious! (I refuse to say "lol".)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information