1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mcn Review The Supersport............

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by steeve, Feb 22, 2017.

1. X

#1 steeve, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  2. Really unsure of the looks of the thing..

To me it's looking a bit like a parts bin mash up of a few bikes, and it's very confused ...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yep - its very "average" but then, i think, thats what its supposed to be....middle of the road...pardon the pun. Not read the review yet but before i even do....whatever you own now is shit and you need one of those and if the reviewer had to spunk his own money on a new bike thats what he'd be buying....

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. ...on PCP.

5. Ill probably take a look at one in the flesh - think...meh...s'alright i suppose and leave it at that, read the reviews about how its curing world hunger, the war in the middle east etc etc..

6. I remember MCN spouting off about the big bang R1 coming out , saying the engine was going to change the way others build their motors and it was better than sliced bread.
    Now they call it slow.

7. Read my "Bike reviews" thread....once youve watched enough and read enough of them its not really a review anymore, more of a subliminal sales pitch...

• Like Like x 1
  8. The triumph always wins...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Mediocre review I thought , they liked it , it was alright sort of thing
    Does mention in the comparison the 959 is only a grand more but no quite as comfy ?.

10. I'd like to give my opinion on the review but my MCN didn't get delivered :angry:
    Come on postie and Bauer media, pull your finger out

11. From what I understand it's a hypermotard lump in a monster chassis made to look a little like the panigale and still no laquer on the tank paintwork.

If they'd given it a bigger engine I'd have been more interested, also perhaps a slightly bigger frame as I just found the new monsters too small, although saying that I'll hold out judgment until I see one in the flesh and sit on it

I'm sure it'll be a good bike to ride, but in my head I'm just thinking it should have a slightly bigger engine, and if they bring out another model then surely it'll start pushing nearly £14-15k if you look how they've priced this version.

That'll then simply be too expensive :)

12. I'm another one underwhelmed by its looks. It's actually a relief, as I was convinced I was going to want one at all costs.

13. Just read some more over zealous reviews and you'll have your credit card out!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. (It's between that and a Monster 1200S - which does more for me aethetically...)

15. It'll sell incredibly well, VAG don't make mistakes; they understand the market for this bike and have created an offer accordingly. The Scrambler brand as an example.

16. As do the Pirelli tyres....... always.

17. Naaaaaaah.... there's at least two months of moaning to come yet!

Anyhoo, the response to the scrambler was errr.... mixed. Now look, loads of them everywhere. I saw a beauty in Skipton a couple of weeks ago with a copper frame and wheels... 'itlalia independant' model. I liked them before but I WANT the coppery one.

Here's one: IMG_0659.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. It's funny..... Just about everyone who mentions any beemer says "it's a great bike but....."

I couldn't love it/it did nothing for me/no soul/it felt cold etc etc...

That's nothing against bmw (technically they're brilliant) .... I was the same to a certain extent when I test rode one.... For the first time in my biking life I got off, felt nothing, handed the keys back and didn't give it a second look... Weird...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

19. Steeve , sounds like the super sport will be your perfect bike :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Great attitude Steeve and good choice of bike, ride what makes you happy mate, don't take any notice of "professional road testers" reports, many times I've had test rides on bikes that are supposed to be the next greatest thing ever and I've thought to myself " Hang on. I'm supposed to like this....but I don't, is there something wrong with me??"
    Also Kudos to you for still riding and buying new bikes at almost 70 years young! having just turned 60 myself last year I'm pretty lucky in finding my 899 Panigale not only staggeringly beautiful, but also pretty comfy and can manage 300 mile plus days on it without much problem.
    I'm approaching 13,000 miles on it now and its just over 2 years old, just can't ride it enough!!

Love Ducati as a brand and was lucky enough last year to do the factory tour while I was doing some work in nearby Imola, I managed to wangle half a day free before returning to Bologna airport to fit the tour in and what struck me was how passionate all the employee's are.
    It's not just a job to them, its a passion, like a religious calling almost, you can just tell how proud they are of the Ducati brand, its heritage and it's racing success.

I like the SSS on the Supersport and think they've done a better job of integrating the shotgun silencers on this than they did with the god-awful mess on the 959 Panigale :Bag:
    I still think the Panigale is one of the most beautiful bike designs ever turned out, the frameless design makes it so clean and uncluttered, all the cables are nicely tucked away and the underbelly pipes look fantastic!
    I ride with about 8 mates in total, 3 of which ride almost new BMW S1000rr's, but when we park up somewhere most of the punter's just come and gawp at the Panigale ( fitted a few nice bits to it and quite a bit of carbon ) blood red, it just grabs your eye, by comparison the BMW's are so anonymous they could be any Japanese in line 4, they seem to turn invisible!

Enjoy your Supersport, bang the miles on it, that's what you bought it for, modern Ducati's are very reliable, long service intervals and comparatively cheap to run / service nowadays.

You need to plan a long weekend away on the bike with your mates to complete the "bonding process"....do it !! :upyeah:

#20 Poucher, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information