1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 "medium-priced" Rearsets ?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by RichD, Feb 13, 2015.

1. We've had good discussions around premium rearsets (~£500) and cheapo Chinese (~£150). Anyone got any top recommendations for the £250-£300 mark ?

Is it just me (or my age) that circa £250 feels reasonable whereas £500 a bit steep for some CNC-d ally and a few bearings ?

Yes I know it's a £15k bike but I can't bring myself to spend that much, esp given the risk of ruining them in a slow speed spill.

Any recommendations, pref with pics, well received !

• Like Like x 2
  2. Giamoto ones looks good and I think they aren't too expensive

3. I have just got some tingtong rearsets cost me a massive £83 as I had an ebay voucher. I had tingtong rearsets on my 999 without issues. I just have a feeling my latest purchase may not last long. On saying that I have not used them yet so I could be being paranoid Time will tell I guess

4. Nice. £370 and lots of spares available.

image.jpg

Any other alternatives, peeps ?

5. I think ruining my rear sets in a spill would be the least of my worries,

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I've got some Giamoto's on mine and can recommend them. Top quality and silky smooth movement.

7. Those Giamoto ones look great, Pity they are not flip up pegs and does not look like you can do race shift without having to buy the raceshift QS

8. Correct, you need the race QS or an HM, and you need to turn the lever on the gearbox shaft to get race shift.
    Price above is +VAT
    I have a set of the above for sale but @SissyMc7 has 1st shout on them and @d8mok has 2nd shout.., waiting confirmation from sissy
    Great rearsets though.

#8 Niven770, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  9. Have got a set of the those Gimoto rearsets, but they were sold by AR with AR Badge on the heel plates.
    Would be £275 delivered.

10. Just took mine off....they are the same. Giamoto but Austin Racing Badged on the heel plates.

11. Do you have a link?

12. Not advertised them yet.

Will get pics done shortly/later and post for sale.

13. I know you think £500 is a little steep but I have just fitted the Rizoma ones £505 inclusive of VAT is what I paid.
    I am well chuffed with them.

2015-02-14 01.JPG

2015-02-14 02.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. I may have to reconsider my budget. Can't seem to find the AR ones for sale anymore and I have to say that the Gilles and Rizoma, both around £500, look great and offer decent adjustment.

I guess £250 is no man's land; you either take away a cheap chinese (sorry) or stump up £4-500.

Better keep saving :)

15. Giamoto make rearsets for AR, there's no difference apart from one has 'AR' engraved on the heel guard and the other has 'GiaMoto' check the link out below:

GiaMoto

Ian (imbloodyskintagain) has some of these for sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. On bike

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Or buy a good used set.....

18. Spent hrs looking and researching

Ducati 1199 PANIGALE/S

Condition: New, never mounted

Material: High Grade Billet Aluminum T6061

Color: CNC milled and anodized in Black, Silver or Gold color

Quantity: 1 set

Height adjustable, easy to turn

High temperature oxidation, not easy to fade away

With professional drawings to facilitate installation

The shift pedal has double stainless bearings for smooth, sure-footed shifting

Simple/ strong and nice looking? see the possible peg positions 5 positions for pegs and 2 for brackets
    close to the best strongest design at the cheapest price, you couldnt buy a brake lever on some of the other designs for what you can buy 3 sets for crash them doesnt matter
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291759322372
    and has ducati/ NCR type folding pegs

Deeply knurled footpegs provide optimal grip even in wet conditions folding footpegs
    Folding peg design is a copy of NCR pegs

brought.JPG
    both levers length adjustable

and only cost $139AUD (UK pound)
    these are cheap/ very cheap, and have adjustability, and fo

spent hours on this
    Fits:

Ducati 1199 PANIGALE/S

Condition: New, never mounted

Material: High Grade Billet Aluminum T6061

Color: CNC milled and anodized in Black, Silver or Gold color

Quantity: 1 set

Height adjustable, easy to turn

High temperature oxidation, not easy to fade away

With professional drawings to facilitate installation

The shift pedal has double stainless bearings for smooth, sure-footed shifting

19. I paid like $85 for it and don’t regret it for a minute.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information