1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Melco Diag And Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HootOwl, Jun 22, 2022.

1. I just updated my Melcodiag to the latest (registered) version hoping it might talk to my 2015 Multi DVT at long last ...but it still wont do a service light reset.

Has anyone managed to do that yet?

Cant decide if its the unit or me :)

2. It cannot do a service light reset on a 2015 Multi DVT.

You can read and delete error codes etc, but not the service indicator

• Like Like x 1
  3. It does still seem that way, but JP has made progress in getting it to reset many later bikes which is why I gave it another go.

I have only covered 500 miles since last years service, so am not about to pay for another one...but the service light niggles me. I just reset the bike clock back to 2021 to get rid.

The models the latest diag will update are:

- scrambler desert sled 800
    - monster M821 18 with easyU1 ecu
    - hyperstrada 821 with 7sm ecu
    - Hypermotard 939
    - street fighter v4
    - PANIGALE V4 2018
    - Diavel 2018 ( melcodiag v2.0.1.3)
    - Monster 1200S 2015
    - Supersport 939
    - Hypermotard SP 2013 (melcodiag v2.0.1.3)
    - Monster 797

So if you have one of those - you will have a reset facility if you run version 2.0.1.2 or later.

Looks like we need to wait a bit longer for the Mutley though

• Thanks Thanks x 1

4. I have one of these https://www.bmdiag.co.uk/obdstar-iscan-ducati-motorcycle-diagnostic-tool and it does desmo, annual service and oil service reset as well as diagnostics...comes with all the plugs you need , it works great on my 2016 DVT :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. That looks a useful too. Its expensive but not Texa expensive.... will it do the enabling stuff (like lights etc) as well DBD?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well, I just ordered one, whats 400 quid here or there lol. I guess I will see how useful it is in a couple of days ....

Maybe I should set up a local indicator reset service to grab some of the outlay back ;) :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. The OBDStar diagnostic tool has been out of stock for a couple of weeks with BMDiag, just got an alert that they've just received a shipment. So I've ordered one :D

Pleased to know it does the desmo reset as mine's booked in for the start of August and last time we spoke the independent mechanic I'm using didn't have the means to reset the indicator on the latest Ducatis. As it stands I might not have reached the required mileage by then anyway as I didn't realise that the distance is actually 18640 miles not 18000 miles as it's a conversion from 30000 km. That's what I'm lead to believe anyway...

If anyone needs their service light reset on their later model Ducati in and around Gloucestershire then I should be able to help for a small consideration.

#7 Bumpkin, Jun 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Mine rocked up about an hour ago. Its now updated and charging up. :)

9. Mine is all set up now, but you will need an additional connector to go from the OBD to your ECU connector. Its the one shown ot the bottom of the page you ordered the OBD from as an 'optional extra'
    Luckily I already had that connector.
    You will need to connect to your wifi - register the unit and let it run its basic updates
    Then plug it into your Ducati, switch on the ignition and hit the upgrade button to download the correct Ducati software.
    After that - its fairly intuitive, service resets are hidden under special functions and it does give a warning that you can break the ECU if you fuck up (very reassuring), but again, its pretty straightforward. I reset my annual service light easily enough.
    It will do the Desmo and anything else etc should they be due as well.
    I have no error codes, but it will read and reset those, perform endless other functions too.
    It will even jump on and download any tech bulletins relevant ..
    I haven't explored everything yet, but it does seem to have all the functions expected

All in all, pretty decent :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds like a useful piece of kit
    Keep us updated on further developmentā€™s

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are you sure about that, it says "Includes the following Accessories" at the bottom of the page... combining lead M001A and M037 should, I believe, connect mine (MY18 1260 Muttley).

The unit should be delivered tomorrow.

#11 Bumpkin, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hi Guys, Robert here from BMDiag. I thought I would sign in here to help with any questions. Just to advise, the iScan Ducati tool is supplied with the 3 pin plug, Power lead, which plugs into the OBD2 socket from the bike battery for the older bikes and the 4 pin OBD2 to CAN Ducati adapter, these are stored below the tool in a separate space. I hope that helps!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Hi Robert, thanks for dropping in and introducing yourself on this thread. Also thank you for verifying the presence of the relevant leads (HootOwl obviously hasn't delved deep enough into the box yet...) and your help over the last day or two sorting out my order. Very much looking forward to receipt of my OBDStar tool, tomorrow is probably not going to be very productive on the work front :D

Charlie from Cheltenham

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. heh heh You are perfectly correct!! :D

There are two levels to the box, and in my giddiness to get things rolling, I missed the bottom layer :) Loads more goodies in there.

I had a spare connecter from my Melcodiag days, so never bothered digging deeper.

Gotta reiterate, this is a great unit. I am well impressed. Its very intuitive to use.

I have not discovered if this will enable additional add-on things like fog lights etc yet - any idea Robert?

(Charlie from Yorkshire) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Interestingly just noticed that the blurb on the website includes 'Activations' guessing that is for things like the accessory running lights, heated grips etc. Already have these installed and activated but interesting to see that it seems to cover pretty well all bases apart from Ducati firmware updates which truly can only be had from 'the mother-ship' when plugged in at your local Ducati franchise.

Is there a specific downloadable PDF of the manual? Note sure what actual unit from the OBDStar range the iScan unit is in reality. There are user manual downloads for M50, M70 and M80 units but not one for the iScan. Maybe the iScan is based on one of these models but is locked to one specific marque yet shares all other functionality?

#15 Bumpkin, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The iScan devices run the software from the top of the rage MS80 tool, so anything that it can do on Ducati the iScan can also do. There are some operation cases on various makes (including Ducati) it might help to have a look at them http://www.obdstar.com/ServiceStd_Motorcycle.html
    As far as I know the tool can activate things like Quickshifter, heated grips etc Also worth a look is the update history for the tools, it can give an idea of what it currently can do http://www.obdstar.com/NewsStd_Motorcycle.html

• Like Like x 2
  17. I emailed and asked Robert about those. I managed to connect to the unit, grab the files on there and convert them to pdf, but they are quite general and not really on operating procedures. I have attached them to this post. Robert may be able to access more

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. The features that Robert linked to are here too. I converted those to pdf for easier viewing (or printing)

I cant see any other activations like lights etc, but possibly they could be added later

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thanks gents, very useful :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hi Robert, its Dave here...Cheers for your assistance again in getting me all sorted with the date service issues.. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information