1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental Health Day...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NOODS X, Oct 10, 2019.

1. With regards to MH I’m glad for the awareness a given day brings welcome attention with relation to MH and its many guises, but would ask that all you luvly boys and girls too please be aware of the condition for the sake of your friends, family and maybe, even yourself..

The tag MH brings many issues by itself, nuts, loopy, un-balanced etc trust me I’ve heard them oh so many times, however, I truly believe there is now a far better understanding of its varied forms along with their symptoms etc which are all carried under the one, MH banner..

It’s a hard hitting thing to say but many of has have suddenly lost a friend or family member completely out of the blue and when they learn that maybe, that person had taken their own life because of depression or another similar condition, many feel very let down, possibly really annoyed, then comes the line “ why didn’t they ask me for help”

Imagine how it feels to possibly save a life by simply asking someone if everything’s OK ..

We’ve all heard people say, “ what’s up with X today? He’s very quiet”

if you care, and I know so many of you do, approach that person and just ask if everything’s ok? Offer them your shoulder, it might be the very thing they are seeking..

By way of finding trust in someone and just by being able to talk openly about any issues is far more beneficial than taking medication trust me..

If your witnessing the signs of an issue, eg, that friend is suddenly very quiet, withdrawn or just not their normal self please please don’t leave it for tomorrow. Even if your help is refused, the very fact that you have offered that person help could be a life saver on its own..

Simply knowing that there is someone out there who has time for them, cares about their situation and wants to help them however they may, that alone could be the difference between relief and potentially, regret..

Regarding that tag, some of the brightest most talented minds out there suffer with MH issues even those who come across as funny, or as a bit of joker may be struggling with a form of depression etc so please bear that in mind..

Should anyone on here wish to talk to me in total confidence about their issues or maybe regarding a friend who is showing signs of trauma, please just PM me, I’m here for you..

While I’m not a counsellor I do contribute as a volunteer as a go between, by breaking barriers down between a counsellor and a client eg using my own experiences in life to help that client..

Trust me, 9 out of 10 times, a sudden change of behaviour is in truth, a cry for help..

Don’t leave it to someone else, ask them, is everything ok? Today...

X

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Not all agree. I was shouted down for expressing concern for the Greta girl by a few.

Alas MH is still a stigma. Get diagnosed and it follows you, everywhere.

I hope it changes, really changes, and those who experience it more easily access the help they need. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have an old mate (50's)who suffers badly with mental issues. He aggressively shuns medical assistance or counselling, to his detriment mentally and physically, until he has the inevitable crash. Then he strraightens up for a couple of years, then rinse and repeat. When he was a young man we just thought he couldn't handle his piss, which was true, but it was much more serious and we were oblivious until he was 40's.
    Because we can't see it, we don't deal with it and do nothing to help when we could do or should do.
    So for the people having or dealing with these issues, you have my admiration and where possible mys support as well.
    Kia kaha. Which means both go well and be strong.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Good words @bradders I agree with you... I have not read the post on Greta girl but will now do so..

It’s true though everyone has a right to their opinions and I’m glad that’s so as it’s the basis of debate etc..

One thing I can say though is a few people on here jumped when I cried help and my kids are oh so glad that they did so... They will never be forgotten ..

Also I’ve had guys approach me at work, including Beth Opps ( they are stereotypically huge, strong guys that lash containers to the ships deck in all conditions with 20ft steel bars ) that have privately asked for help or advice as they have, a friend, who they’re concerned for ( obv it doesn’t take a genius to work out who the friend really is, not that it’s matters in anyway) and the hardest part for most is the, admitting to theirselves that
    They have an issue and that they are admitting that they wish to confront it..

Once over the initial reveal it never amazes me the amount of times I’ve witnessed the relief on that persons face, to me it’s priceless, they fear by opening up they are weak by dong so, “ No my friend, you are the strong one, the weak unfortunately, are those who do not have the strength at present, to confront their issues, whatever they may be”

Glad to hear by the way your on the up Bradders, long may it continue our forum friend ...

X

• Like Like x 4
  5. I suffer. Sometimes I let it out. Mostly I don’t. Wife constantly nags to go to docs. No way.
    Way of the male world I’m afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm depressed and on meds for it. I don't care who knows. If you need help, please don't suffer in silence.

• Like Like x 3
  7. X[/QUOTE]Laava
    Agree and feel for your friend..
    all forms of Depp and other MH issues bring their problems to the inflicted, but, true as that is, some may suffer for a matter of weeks and then it never returns again, whilst those with other forms need to deal with it daily for life..
    Purely by way of example, I have days and nights where I can’t stop working, be that in my workshop or sketching painting a workpiece etc, perhaps as much as 30 out of 36 hours, you’ve so much desire to create etc you fear stopping.. Then another day and your the opposite, your brain says your pathetic, worthless etc and you only wish to hide away from the world surrounded by your misery..

That’s really why I choose to speak out on occasions, it helps me to openly talk about such concerns and if that goes on to help others too, well that’s simply awesome, well to me it is anyway..

The brave stand up, the fallen lay down, let’s help the fallen back up on to their feet again...

X

#7 NOODS X, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Try not to focus on your belief she’s ‘on the very wrong end of the Asperger scale’
    and more on the awareness of climate change.

9. I dont focus on it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Post of the year Noods. Well done and thank you.
    Should be a sticky.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. to me, it's brave of anyone to speak out publicly on this stuff, thinking of you @Mac :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. @Mac .. By your very admission that’s a good thing, your helping yourself right there, so well done you.. personally I’m not a great believer in meds, long term, for there’s normally an issue of some kind which brings on the depp and though it may help for a while eventually the sticking plaster comes off! If the wound has healed then great, but for many there’s still an open wound, therefore by asking for assistance is to me the better way much better than a plaster and a “ I’m fine attitude”

OK it took me nearly 40 years to ask for help, such was my shame on many counts but without doubt by speaking out it showed enough to to my listeners in that I wished to be heard and helped which, is as I say such a good thing albeit a brave thing too ..

Here if I can help you friend at anytime 24/7...

NOODS x

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. My black dog is under lock & key today.i find if i'm busy in life that's the coping mechanism:):upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. The finding a way @XH558 is such a good thing friend..

Ok mine goes back to the 70’s but I was so ashamed and embarrassed about who I thought I was, what I’d become and what others I perceived, thought of me that I literally couldn’t look at any reflection of myself, eg any mirrors, a reflection in a shop window and avoided any attempts of being photographed. Sad I know but true to this day, albeit a little better now.. always looking to change myself my appearance.. Long hair, short hair, no hair at all, wear a hat, grow a beard etc always searching to try and feel comfortable in ones skin..
    I even drive without using a interior mirror still to this day..

However, by trying to help others I found that I was also helping myself too. I felt like I was useful after all, there was some purpose in life..

I will, forever never be cured but, neither either shall I be beaten either..

X

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information