1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merc Amg E43 Biturbo - Enhancement Detail

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by rob lewis, Apr 9, 2018.

1. I'm gonna keep this short just to keep certain people happy.....A mega vehicle to work upon....personally love the interior!!!....Interior received a full Gtechniq Tri-Clean cleanse prior to application of Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard and Gtechniq C6 Matt Dash - both with Biocoat Anti-bacterial...Carpets cleaned by hand using Britemax Interior Cleaner. Interior Glass cleaned with Angelwax Vision. And onto the outer.....Wheels attended to first as usual...arches and tyres degreased with Bilt hmaber Surfex HD diluted to 3:1....wheels pretreated to Angelwax Billberry wheel cleaner at 3:1...allowed to dwell for 5 mins then agitated with various Wheel Wollies & EZ brushes...faces cleaned with Pure Hogs hair brushes....all high pressure rinsed off. As usual the entire vehicle including the already clean wheels and arches covered in a blanket of AMAZING Bilt Hamber Auto foam and allowed to dwell for 10 mins to remove as much dirt and debris as posssible before contact washing. 3 bucket method - all dual grit guards and of course the finest Dooka wash pads and super super slick Gyeon Essence shampoo - only 15ml of this used in a 20 litre bucket and solution then thoroughly mixed with the aid of the pressure washer lance submerged in bucket.....once washed and pressure rinsed vehicle was subjected to a FULL chemical decontamination with Carpro TarX and Gtechniq W6 iron remover ( dissolving iron is indicated by the solution turning purple ). Vehicle then clayed including all exterior Glass with Superb TAC Systems clay cloth. Again Bilt Hamber Auto Foam bath to remove any traces of chemicals from the decontamination stage. force air dryed with Metro Vac Master Blaster - filtered warm air dryer. Gtechniq Panel wipe then applied to whole vehicle to get true indication of paint. As the paint was very good a single stage machine polish was used - once removed and panel wiped again then an application of truly superb Nanocoat....wheels received a spray sealant. Tyres further degreased with Gtechniq Panel wipe then an application of Gtechniq T1. Then home for a well deserved beer. Time taken 9 hours.....Customer once again ecstatic at the result.... not a short post I know but hey ho!!!

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

DSC_0100.JPG

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

#1 rob lewis, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Rob is pricing a private issue or is it a set price menu if you like? Mega job on that merc, I appreciate you hardly took a break to achieve it either.

3. Thank you, for the compliment, and no I didn't stop.....I have my procedures now cast in stone so I have a very deliberate way of doing things....I'm obviously very organised in terms of chemicals I mix etc prior to attending a vehicle. I price each vehicle individually upon sight....I do not ever price over the phone....as I've been severely bitten in the arse in the past....lesson learnt!

#3 rob lewis, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Appreciate that rob, the amount of times I priced without seeing very rarely that happens now

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lovely work again Rob on a cool car.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Unless they sell them with ginger brake discs rob, you need to scuff that rust off before pics. Nice job chap.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I usually apply Bilt Hamber Atom Mac after the final rinse which alleviates the discs from showing corrosion.....Its fantastic stuff....I was under a huge amount of pressure to complete the full detail in a day, and unlike me forgot to apply it after the final rinse...thanks for the heads up tho!...

8. Sounds like something I should spray all over the Duc eh Rob! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Its really great stuff...dilute at 5%....works every single time....infact you can spray it over any exposed metal..Atom-Mac is a migratory and contact corrosion inhibitor that is diluted in water before use it provides protection against corrosion in both open spaces and hollow voids. The powerful migratory phase corrosion inhibitors are liberated from the product and are carried in vapour phase to form an invisible atomic shield against corrosion of ferrous metal.

10. Cheers Rob, was that from memory or copy n paste? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Copy and paste ol' boy.....done another RR today and I'm Frazzled to say the least!!!:weary_face:

12. Sterling work again Rob, really admire what you do. I started cleaning one of my bikes the other day, and lost interest on the third spoke i got to! Would love to achieve the factory fresh look, but with zero effort.

Aside from that, don't Mercedes make some really boring cars now?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Thank you...but TBH its a busmans holiday for me....lol.....I really liked this one in the flesh.....interior was lush....very nice place to be cruising....bet it bloody eats fuel tho!....glad I'm not paying for the petrol!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And a bloody good job too! :)
    73596C93-2444-4EEC-89E1-207953B54AD5.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Haha...that's not one of mine is it!

16. Magic job as always! Lovely car too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Don't let db see all that red

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Thanks
    Thanks buddy....got another tomorrow...I'm drowning in the bloody things!:joy:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Well Rob, great car and a great job,:upyeah:.

I may take the micky at times but I also give credit when & where due, and I have to say I'm very impressed. The before and after photos are fantastic, especially the interior, it's like a different car. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. haha....I don't know if your being serious now @John Mac821 ........lol.....but thank you for the compliment buddy.....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information