1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mgp 2018 Buildup. Bt Sport.

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by 900streetfighter, Mar 9, 2018.

1. A week to go till season starts.
    BT Sport2 have some of last years races, a review, preview and a couple of docs over the next week.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. I cancelled my BT sport last November Keith but as the first race is here now i will have to phone them and see how much it will cost o_O

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Make sure you are sitting down or at least make sure you have a good grip on your under pants. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I've just cancelled mine. I think when they tried to keep me, they offered it for about £20, plus £4 for HD. :thinkingface:

I have to admit, I wasn't really listening as I was determined to cancel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have my t-shirt tucked into my pants as well so i will be sitting comfortably :worried:

6. I have EE and took a bolt of for a fiver than gives me BT Sport. Can’t watch live on big screen but can on phone, or watch no5 live on iPad and project to tv

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Let me know what the outcome is, I cancelled my BT sport contract in Oct 2017, Moto GP it was the only thing I watched on the telly. Thinking of seeing what he BT contract cost is going to be.

8. I think Moto GP pass was £177 a year, will call BT in the morning

9. Would be nice if they did a montly payment. I don;t fancy paying the £177 in a lump. :(

I know I will though, it's still cheaper than BT Sport. :thinkingface:

I'm going to try a streaming type thingy 1st. ;)

10. Right, I have just phoned BT ,
    I am with Sky and just wanted BT sport added on (they call it stand alone) its £20 connection fee and £25.99 for a 12 month contract.
    £26x12= £312 + £20 connection fee =£332 :scream:
    Is everyone else paying that.
    Just checked Moto GP again and its £179 for 12 months, anyone a cheaper method.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I pay £24 a month plus line rental which I pay 12 months up front for bt TV and broadband which includes all bt sport.
    Canceled sky before Christmas.

Steve

12. I started the process of leaving BT and going to another provider.BT gave me a number to ring where I was given a deal on my Broadband Tv,and BT Sport.Only for 12 months,but the lady said come back in a year and re negotiate.I am probably saving in the region off £500 pounds a year compared to what we were paying.

13. If possible I'd highly recommended Virgin Media now they have the newer TV6 box.

Believe me, last year I had both Sky and Virgin, the latter was a stupid low price offer that gave me 100mb fiber plus their Full house package just because they'd only recently cabled the street.

Me and the Mrs tried to get along with the sluggish old Tivo boxes and in the end decided to stay with sky and just take the payment to Virgin as being a broadband payment.

January this year however we called Virgin to say we'd not used their TV due to how slow Tivo is and they agreed to send us the TV6 boxes.

It's dramatically faster, faster or easily just as fast as a Sky hd box which we'd been customers with for 10 years.

Anyway, we've left sky as of January and I couldn't be happier.

We get the full house bundle and when you consider its has all the hd channels, box sets, Netflix built in (subscription needed), BT Sports and the newer faster tv6 box, it's a bloody bargain

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bun...VTLftCh2IsAkPEAAYASAAEgLdc_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Honestly, I was a massive sky loyalist, but after testing both systems and packages side by side your money is far better going to Virgin.

Yes there's a new menu system to learn, and before it was awful due to the slow Tivo boxes, hence why I had a sky hd box sat on top of the unused Tivo all year.
    However the menu is a piece of piss and properly rapid now with the newer smaller boxes so by the time you've selected a channel you wouldn't know whether it's sky or Virgin you're watching anyway.

14. How much a month for the full house?

15. Follow the link bud, but at the moment it's only a 12 months contract and £49/month

Considering that includes a phone line, 100mb fibre broadband and all the tv channels including bt sports, I'd say that's the bargain of the century

It's only an extra £5 a month to double to 200mb

16. Will do, thanks.
    Do we really need 200mb?

I don't do mega uploads or downloads anymore and I use wifi around the house all the time. The wifi restricts the speed way below that. What's the max wifi speed now?

I did have a couple of rooms wired in, (carpet up, floor up etc)
    but the wife had the rooms decorated when I was away and the painter cut the cables out! :astonished::mad:

Unbelievable. Never bothered since.

17. When I’ve had sky and rung them up to tell them I’m leaving they’ve given me BT sport free for 6 months

Now we’ve moved and have cable I’ve changed to Virgin anyway as always preferred / extra room boxes are cheaper to

I did fall out with virgin as they promised me free boxes when installed but then charged me

Took a year and had to go via ombudsman but I got a full refund plus an extra £60 in the end

They all try and stitch you up if you’re not looking

18. I'm on virgin I don't get bt sports and it's over £40 a month

19. Not really, 100mb is generally enough, I've got 200mb now but that's only because I got the upgrade deal.

Netflix runs smoothly on 100mb or way below and obviously if you do download anything, especially when hard wired like my nas drive, it runs super fast.

Sky just can't compete with this package and trust me I do look in to it.

You can't get Sky Atlantic, but considering that only has the very occasional series worth watching, most of which can be found via other methods, and the fact Netflix subscription is cheaper than even paying sky for the box sets and hd payments, it's a no brainer.

Honestly, after you've switched your head around not seeing blue and yellow menus, and instead a purple and black one (apparently getting updated soon), I'm struggling to see what I miss about sky

20. Ring them up then and say you want the current full house bundle advertised and the new TV6 box.

For £49 locked to a small 12 months contract it's well worth it

With sky you'll struggle to get anywhere close to that by the time you've paid for HD (laughable in this day), box sets, multi room and then their fibre charges (£30+ for well over half the speed) and then you'd have to pay for bt sports.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information