1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Power Rs+

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by flatstick959, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Does anyone know anything about the Power RS plus?

Not a lot of info on michelin website about it but found a german review on youtube and it seems it's a more road biased version of the regular RS, better in cold conditions and in the wet.

If that is the case I am better off on the normal version as i dont ride in the cold/wet usually

Im after new boots for the monster 1200R soon and i liked the regular power RS on the panigale

2. RS plus has stronger shoulders because the originals wore out to quick and gave to much flex so they increased the harder compound on the shoulder

3. Just fitted a rear on my gixer and the dealer said it is tweaked more for track riding.

4. I think it’s tweaked more for comfort and wet / cold conditions?

5. The Original RS's were great in the wet already, I did two wet trackdays on mine and was impressed... personally I thought they were a great road and odd trackday tyre, sounds like the + could be worth a look then!

6. I’ll wait till more infor comes out on them till i decide

I think it’s a more conservative tyre than the normal one - better comfort and wet grip at the slight expense of handling but that’s going off google translate!

If that’s the case I’ll stick with the normal one or maybe give the Diablo Rosso Corsa 2 a go

7. I just mounted them to my bike, but havent gotten many miles on them yet, and none in the twisted. From what I understand though they wrapped a layer of the plies in the shoulders around the beads of the tire for shoulder stabiliy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information