1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Micro Switch

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by fasteddy, Jun 9, 2018.

1. I had my fairing off today to put new starter cables on and behind the right hand panel there was a micro switch?
    Any idea at what it's for as it doesn't look stock?

20180609_194217.jpg

2. No idea what it's for, but I'm pretty sure mine hasn't got one!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. It doesn't look stock but I haven't got a clue what it could be for ?

4. To stop you riding it without the right side fairing attached?!

5. Being more serious, have you tried to trace the wiring to the switch to see where/to what it is connected?

6. Got an alarm? Does the micro switch trigger it when set?

7. That’s the micro switch that was fitted with the Ducati Performance alarm. If the alarm has gone, then ditch it... doesn’t look like it’s up to much now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. They were pretty good tbh. There’s no ‘standard’ alarm, just the immobiliser. The DP is a variation on a theme like data tool etc. to upgrade cat 2 immo to cat 1 alarm status.

9. There isn't a micro switch under the left panel only the right ?
    I will have another look later to see where the wires go?
    I have a datatool alarm fitted but with there not being a switch on the other side I didn't think it would be to that?

10. It may be that they realised you would have to remove that particular panel to try and disable the alarm, so they fit a simple switch to detect panel removal.

11. I got it..........:kissing:

12. only complete when you get your bike out for that ride:)

13. Hey.............well enjoy :upyeah:

14. I've had a rummage around and I think the micro switch is part of an old alarm system as there is a Cobra sticker on one of the wires ?

15. Rip it out. :bucktooth:

16. Yes I am going to, Is that metal bracket that it is attached to supposed to be there?
    It's a big bloody ugly thing which you can see through the fairing gaps ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information