1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might Be Looking For A 749 Engine

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by chizel, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Ok, couldn't think/be arsed to work out the correct section for this but I know my good friends @El Toro or @Davebird will shuffle it to the right spot with little fuss..
    Anyhu, as some may know my 749 track bike died a death a few months back.
    I've still not had time to look at it due to holidays n stuff (and tbh I don't really know what I'm looking at) but my gut feeling from the feel, noise and previous experience, it's terminal..
    I could be wrong and I've not even dropped the oil yet ( tomorrows mission).
    But, assuming it is,as i suspect, a mains or big end prob, I'm thinking perhaps 2nd hand engine.
    Had a bit of a look on eBay and have found one from a seller in North Essex.
    His handle is mooseducati.
    Anybody have knowledge of this chap?
    He has an 05 engine 13.5k sh for £675.00. (my bike 03, any issues there?)
    Not saying I'm gunna buy it or not get my engine checked out first but just making chit chat atm...
    Gunna leave this thread open and update along the way but as always, any advice and humour welcome..

2. How about a 999 motor as I doubt you are needing to keep the bike in original condition?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I am sure he has been mentioned on here before and may even be a member or was a member
    Think he is @kevmoose

#3 higgy748, Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Chizel, I know Kev (moose Ducati) and he’s a genuine stand up bloke. I would have no issues buying anything from him

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've had bits off him, too bloke and fast delivery

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, that sounds like you are sorted regardless. Cool.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thread moved

8. yep Kev Moose is on here..

9. why not source a 999 motor instead....;) same fix

10. Ive just always liked the smaller displacement engines... I'm no Moto GP rider (I'm not fast) but I love the revy nature of the smaller donk...

#11 chizel, Jul 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  11. Good to hear, I might give him a call.. apperently this motor is minus generator and clutch, I know the clutch is the same but would the gen of my 03 fit the 05 ?

12. solutions chiz not problems..

trust me you can rev a 999 1098 1198 just as well as a 749..along with a proper bit of torque..

• Like Like x 1
  13. You were born lucky the Chizzer :eek:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. I've always wanted to change my 749's motor to a 999 one (hence me buying the S4RS motor off Elitesupercock and losing £500 on it). Mine's an 06 @chizel, that wouldn't fit yours would it?

15. Hi chizel,
    As mentioned in the replies I trade as "mooseducati" on ebay.
    Dismantling and recycling Ducati parts is my full time job, and I only deal in Ducati's.
    I usually have between 400 & 500 Ducati items listed on ebay at any one time and welcome anyone to contact me directly via this site or by mobile or email address below.
    Kind regards,
    Kev.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Nice one kev, might shoot you a pm later in regards to the 749 engine if you still have it... Nice to know there is a genuine breaker here, so many rouges out there it's difficult to know if ya throwing ya money at one or not...

17. Not sure at all mate... Why can you not use it? Would I have same problems?

18. You know what' is next! I will be calling you to see how much for you to swap out engines!!! How was ya lil vacation btw dude? You fully pasta'd up?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information