1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miles Per Tank ?

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by iang27, Jun 16, 2021.

1. I had my first run out on my new V4 and filled the tank up on the side stand so I maybe could have gotten a little more fuel in if I had sat it upright.
    Keeping to around 6k the fuel light came on at 98 miles then I did another 30 miles on ‘reserve’ so 128 miles.

Shaking the bike it sounds like there is a thimble full of fuel left, hopefully enough to get to the petrol station.

How far have others gone on reserve after the fuel light and is 130 miles going to be the absolute max.
    Has anyone ran out ?

Needless to say once it’s run in and being revved more I’m not going to get 130 miles.

#1 iang27, Jun 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  2. That’s a lot more than I’ve ever achieved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. That sound about right whilst your running it in, but make the most of it as it will not be anything like that when you run at a brisker pace......

The most I have run on reserve is 26 miles and I was very nervous about making it to the station before it ran out. Good to know I can possibly extend that to 30 if taken steadily.

Average miles between full and reserve light for me is about 80 miles, but when scratching around the Lincolnshire Wolds on my favorite route, its much less, worst I have had is 63 miles! I always fill up whilst sitting on the bike so it is vertical and I can get the most in, as my mates are always taking the P... due to frequent stops for fuel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. that does sound good......and reassuring. light on around 85 miles max and never pushed it to see how far it can go on reserve

5. Update.
    As above I did 98 miles to the fuel light then another 30 miles home on ‘reserve’

I got to the garage with the reserve on 32 miles so 130 miles in total.

Sitting on the bike to refuel I filled it to the brim and could only get 15.1 litres in.

So, as it is a 16.2ltr tank I must have still had 1 litre left.
    Whether you can actually access the fuel once it gets too low I don’t know but in theory I could have got a few more miles.
    I won’t be chancing it though

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’m still running mine at 6k revs, full tank 105 miles before light came on, 35 on reserve. I don’t think I’ll get that again once the run in service is done.

7. 63 miles before reserve!! Yikes even my Desmo could get 80 or so...

How much fuel is in the tank before the light comes on... say 4 litres maybe and it's a 16 litre tank, that's 21 mpg!?!?!?!

8. Almost right, according to the OM fuel capacity is 3.52 UK gal (sorry have to talk in old money) including 0.99 UK gal reserve. So 2.53 UK gal to reserve light, with 63 miles covered gives 24.9 mpg........ still not good!

Coincidentally, I discussed reserve range with the dealer when I had the bike serviced a couple of weeks ago. He said that they get asked this a lot and have checked with Ducati, who state that we should be able to get 45 miles range on reserve, if ridden conservatively ..... That would mean you would need to get slightly over 45 mpg to achieve this!!!!! Not sure I could do this, but means I could extend my reserve range to 35 miles, which is useful to know.

9. Now that mine is run in the fuel light comes on at 90 miles give or take a mile.
    That is filling with the bike upright, cruising on main roads then more spirited riding when I hit the twisties.
    30 miles is still the most I have done on reserve, didn’t sound like there was much left sloshing around, in fact nothing !

10. Wonder if you guys get any more miles when in street mode? It reduces the engine power to 150 bhp I believe ? In theory less power equals more miles ? I bet it doesn’t lol. Would be useful when touring if it did.

11. I get 85/90 miles before the fuel lights on.

12. Same for me between 80-100, not sure how far you can go when the light comes on?

13. going to be Bum clenching stuff on the euro trip!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Soon as the good weather arrives I’m going to see if street mode uses less fuel. I’ll let you know how I get on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well forced to take the Streetfighter to work as the wife’s car is getting work done. Put it in Street mode as my commute is straight up and down the A1. I stuck to 70 mph as traffic was heavy and returned 49 mpg indicated on the dash. Not sure how accurate it is but That’s the best I’ve seen. So I reckon it does drink less in street mode which is useful if your thinking of touring. Turn it back to race mode on the twisties :)

16. Does it have rain mode?

17. No Street mode is the lowest power setting. I think it takes it down to 150 bhp and softens up the power delivery. It increases the traction control and abs as well. Still not a slow bike even in this mode and more than ample for the motorways. I’m thinking of doing Cornwall in the summer so I’ll cover the miles in this mode and then get back to emptying the tank in 90 miles when I’m in Kernow !!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Where are the decent roads around the Wolds? I moved to Lincolnshire around a year ago, and the roads are nowhere near as good as the B660 in Cambs.

19. Have you ridden from Market Rasen to Wragby then on to Bardney
    From Bardney to conningsby is a road used by Police driving schools

20. I don't know those roads. When I moved up here, I rode from Boston to Alford a couple of times, then got twitchy about finding a petrol station with super unleaded, so gave up. Since then I've ridden south.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information