1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Milky Headlight

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Gary 916sp, May 7, 2020.

1. Hi all
    Just been to check bike 916sp and iv got the dreaded milky or smoked headlight started to notice it a bit at the end of last year .
    So I thought I might as well tackle it now as there is nothing else to do at the moment .iv seen all the ideas on the forum which is the best anybody.
    1” brush with meths
    Window lene
    Mr muscle glass cleaner
    ‍♂️ All comments will be great full and wile I was there thought I might as well replace the bulb that has blown in the oil temp gauge .
    Now it’s all in bits I wish I never started and just left the bulb as it was

00763B35-50F1-46EB-82B7-0D3A1C6BA7C1.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Time and patience (and a soft implement). I use a silicon kitchen spatula handle with a microfibre cloth wrapped round it and cleaning agent of your choice.

#2 Expat Jack, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just done the rear bearings on my enduro, I also wished I'd never started because of the two week. Wait for the parts to arrive however now its completed & all derusted I'm more knowledgable about the internals of the rear swing arm & wheel hub. More power to you'

4. Its a great way to get to know intimately your bike. When I did mine I used a wooden spoon to move a soft cloth back and forth having sprayed WD40 in there first.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I found Surgical Spirit and a long paint brush to be very effective.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information