1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini Moto For Young Un's

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Count_Ducoo, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Anyone any experience with mini moto stuff for their kids as my lad turns nine next week he has done some karting already but when he watched some mini BSB stuff on youtube with me the other week he seemed more excited by it so currently booking him in for a one to one taster session to see if it is for him

I have done a little bit of internet sleuthing am I right in thinking Polini/Blata/GRC/DM are the go to bikes to use ? Also is there any main clubs / forums for the finding info ? Anyone know the costs overall compared to karting as he has bounced round a few things now but time for him to stick with something and it looks like he is more interested in speed than anything else he has tried

2. Look at Ohvale and Peter Hickman’s involvement in a British minibike series.

3. Many thanks I had come across the Ohvale site earlier seems like they are size up and next step along from the mini moto and he has to be committed at that price for sure

4. From experience, competitive karting, even just at (MSA) club level works out to be far more expensive than most other junior sports. Motocross at a similar level is a lot cheaper, I would expect minibikes to be somewhere in between, but closer to mx than karting.

5. Yes I have briefly looked at costing and it seems fairly cost effective compared to Karting which seems prohibitively expensive the further you progress where as minibikes initially can be pretty cheap and the next step up like you advised is within reason for our pocket as long as he puts in the time and dedication when he reaches that point but will have to see just waiting to hear back for dates for his initial taster

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information