1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Mirror Blank Plates

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Morning gents where's the best place to get some 996 mirror blank plates from?? Cheers.

2. Not sure mate. Don’t Oberón do them?

3. No mate they only got 848/1098 ones.

4. Don't think anyone makes them anymore. I've looked for a while. Best option is some black number plates bolts.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. FE maybe?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. @duke63 the black plastic ones??

7. Yes that's the ones.

8. There is a marketing opportunity here for someone with a 3D printer. Exige? :upyeah:

9. Got one at work - can't be arsed :) nice alloy ones are better anyhoo :thinkingface:

10. Are the 748 mirror studs different centres to the 1098 ones?

11. Don't know bud, I could try my 1198 ones I guess

12. Hole centres on 916 bikes are 35mm.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Looked for these for ages but with no joy. .
    Will get some made one day!

14. If I find any chiz il let you know.

• Like Like x 2
  15. My Mirrors blank theirselves when I’m on it. They are just an ornament

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mega revive! but did anyone end up finding or making some of these? was planning on making some for the V4 with my 3D printer and stumbled across this thread. im sure they would be simple enough to make, but i dont have a 916 or similar to measure and test on. If someone can get me some measurements happy to make some and post out if you cover the shipping cost. :upyeah:

17. @DRR117 Dean think I've got a spare couple if 916 mirrors would they be any help??

18. Hi, I've just been looking for these mirror blanks myself. I did find some a few years back but none available anywhere now...I'd be happy to measure up all the dimensions and pay for any costs to make sure nobody is out of pocket. Thanks in advance if it's possible....

19. I have seen some made using plastic spoons! sounds odd I know, but I did try one to see if it had a decent curvature and it did. I guess glue in a couple of studs, paint them and they might look quite decent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information