1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misano.....$poiler

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by XH558, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Just got back in time for the grid walk as looking at kitchens for a client this morning.
    Anyway a great result for our Bagnaia onboard the factory Ducati with suspect tyres at the end., two back to back wins...not bad.
    Also a excellent ride by Bastianini in third place ahead of many other talented riders.

• Like Like x 1
  2. superb race. Motogp has changed from being the one man MM show, for the better.
    There are just so many talented riders now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Good race and a great result for Bologna, Pecco did exactly what he said he would and buggered off straight away, anyone on the soft rear took a gamble with the changeable conditions throughout the weekend, I guess with rain forecast for the race the soft would carry them through until the bike swaps.

Ride for me was Bastianini, coming from 12th I think to 3rd, a better qualifying and a newer bike he could have won that race.

KTM's nowhere so they have work to do, not sure what's happening there, Suzuki need to sort their qualifying out to be a threat, MM could be seen to be struggling, COTA will be interesting for him.

The game has moved on though, there's a new group of fast, young riders all very closely matched.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Absolutely spoilt for bikes at the weekend, 24 hr, moto gp, wsbk and speedway. Doesnt get much better and a decent weekend for Ducati all round.

World supers looks to be getting extra spicy going into the last 4 rounds. Cant wait.

5. MM looked knackered after the race. Definitely lacking fitness. Looks like he's sustained nerve damage on his right arm/shoulder. Definitely struggling with it still. Next season will be a defining one. If he can get his fitness on point, he'll be a force, make no mistake. But I'm far from convinced he can fully recover. I hope he does, he brightens the paddock up the barmy little fucker!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. It will be interesting to see what 2022 brings, I'm sure he will be fitter (assuming the rumours around another op are just that)... It's whether the nerve damage etc is a hindrance. There's also the uncertainty of how the 2022 Honda will be with Marc being out for so long. Will Honda risk putting all of their eggs in one basket in terms of development (now with a question mark over MM) or will they try to continue to develop a bike which Taka, Alex, Pol can exploit also?

2022 looks to be a great prospect on paper with a lot of young guns winning races in 2021, Fabio and Pecco clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the field right now, and with a good spread of others pecking at their heels - Jorge Martin, Miguel Oliveira, Brad Binder, Aleix Espagaro, Joan Mir, Bastianini, Miller, Zarco to name a few. Plus who knows what the 2022 bikes and tyres will bring, 2 years of effectively not much change you can bet your bottom dollar Gigi has been spending countless hours developing and refining his crazy ideas, Yamaha trying to fix their grip issues, Honda... well everything, KTM, Aprilia still with concessions I think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bastianini will be one to watch. His race pace was electric. started from where? maybe 12th? and finished 3rd on a two year old bike that other riders could not make work.
    Pecco has two wins under his belt now and showed no signs of cracking under pressure, the previous race mixing it with MM for the last few laps. Quality.
    MM defo not fully fit, I just hope he can keep his his sometimes dangerous moves in check.

8. There's only FQ that's constantly on it. But even he has a wobble if things aren't spot on. Like rain does his nut in, he's beaten before lights out if the track isn't bone dry. Pecco's going well, let's see if he keeps going or blows hot and cold like the rest.

MM is/was a once in lifetime racer. He was so dominant. Even coming from Moto2 he was tipped by some to dominate MotoGP immediately. And he did. It was a change of the guard. Move over Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa et al.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Interesting times for sure. MM doesn’t have the psychological edge he once had though ( although he still has the ability to get inside the head of a few ) ,even if he does get back to full fitness. The paddock has benefited immensely from his injury and has leapt forward tenfold.
    I hope he is able to mix it at the front on a regular basis as he is exciting as fook to watch. But the pack are no longer scared of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. He tried like hell to beat Pecco at Aragon. Lunge after lunge, but if the grip's not there you can't hold the line. And Pecco just kept cutting back under him, Pecco did really well to keep his composure and not make a mistake. But only MM will try that shit, no one else would risk it. MM is 100% entertaining.

• Like Like x 2
  11. ...and for once it didn't seem as though MM would take out the other rider (Pecco - Aragon) in the dicing/ducking/diving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nah, nowt wrong with a lunge, as long as you avoid contact. The world has never forgiven him since he punted VR46 off track, which of course was totally intentional. But Rossi had done it to MM beforehand. Sensational stuff!! MotoGP's current crop don't get me quickly standing up off the sofa. Like Rossi v Stoner, Rossi v Biaggi, Rossi v Gibernau and Marquez v everyone.... :D I quite like a bit of fairing bashing, that's why I like Moto3 kids....

• Like Like x 2

13. Aleix Esparagus says hi :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Does anyone think Pecco is going to beat FQ to the title? I think im more in the hope camp rn but i do think Raul F is going to pip Remy in Moto 2.
    Hope at least one of them go down to the last round!

15. Doubt it. FQ just needs to score decent points for the remaining races, which he'll probably do. He thought about having a go for the win last Sunday but happily settled for second.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. As MH has said FQ just needs to bag decent points now to secure his first MotoGP title. Pecco needs to win every race or at least be on the podium and Fabio has a stinker.

What this year has shown is what 2022 could look like though, assuming all of the bikes get better Fabio and Frankie will be an awesome package, will Dovi come good on the 3rd factory Yam? Ducati will no doubt be looking at Pecco, Jorge and Bastianini above Miller and Zarco I fear. Vinales will have had 1/2 season on the Aprilia assuming Aprilia improve the bike he should be up there, let alone the Suzuki and KTM boys which all have had a good/bad season so far.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information