1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderation On Ducati Forum - Feedback

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rob, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :eyes:

2. are you sure you made your tenth birthday yet?...

3. :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

4. See post #446 :thinkingface:

5. I don't like Topic?..

6. A lot of frog spawn in the forums tonight. A *lot*.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

The thread has gone to Walthamstow Greyhounds anyway -apparently without care.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So, been away for a couple of days, have I missed much?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fuck all. As per normal :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yes, nothing o_O

11. 1) My daughter has Down Syndrome, I thought the use of that repulsive term "mong" had been dispensed with. That you employed it reflects extremely poorly on you. Bit of self-reflection, if you are capable of that, is sorely required.
    2) The slaughter of the indigenous people of Australia, in combination with the introduction of exotic diseases, alcohol, missionaries, forcible removal, sexual/physical abuse etc occurred under the aegis of Colonial administrations from 1788 to 1901. Unfortunately since federation change has been extremely slow and the problem is incredibly complex, even with indigenous leaders being placed in charge of remediation and reform processes.
    3) How any thinking person could state that the treatment of Australian indigenous peoples (or for that matter any indigenous peoples was worse than South Africa betrays a disturbingly flawed revisionist view of Apartheid. This was a legally entrenched system of degradation based on a belief that belief that one race was above all others. It is falls short only of the 3rd Reich in it's inhumanity. Once again. that you would make such a statement demonstrates that you don't need wikipedia or google, you need to undertake further education in these areas if you are to gain an accepted historical perspective and knowledge of this passage of time.
    4) A statement like "India, Pakistan and South Africa have been given back their countries" is again just jaw dropping.Ever heard of the ANC and it's struggle in SA? The partition of india which has led to two countries with a history of hostilities and possession of nuclear arms pointed at each other? Pakistan had it's own war which led to Bangladesh proclaiming its sovereignty in 1971 (the subject of my first honours thesis btw).

Seriously, if you are interested in this area don't shoot off to google.This is not a mere difference of opinion - underlying your previous post are fundamental misconceptions of the historical matrix of colonialism and the consequences that flowed from it. There are an abundance of online courses that would assist putting some order to your way of thinking about modern history.

12. This has gone massively off topic. Thread closed?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nah, move the discussion above to speakers corner - this thread is historically important (to Chris) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. And it’s barely December

15. Absolutely time ET. Andy

16. Me and you are doin' OK though :blush:

17. Thread closed

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information