1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monokey Top Box

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by hill100, Jun 2, 2022.

1. I have bought this Givi top box (WL901) for my mult V4. Its the smallest monokey box they make, which is 29lts and exspands to 34lts. Great for trips out where I can put the helmet away while going for a coffee. However the box fits on the plate but will not release. Givi UK says that after phoning Italy they were told that as Ducati Boxes are made under licence , there will be a small difference, and it wont be compatible. In the instructions you are meant to push the key in the open position to release the box, but the lock wont budge. When initially doing some research before ordering the box I read reviews on Sportsbike shop which were all good apart from one which had the same issue. He was told to take a drill to remove the box. Luckily there is access on the underside if the rack which allows me to press the leaver back with a screw driver when the lock is in the open position. All a bit a faff , but as there were none in the UK in stock, I bought from Motocard in Spain. So I'm going to keep it, as its too much hassle to send it back. P1010824.JPG

2. Thank you very much for sharing this; I was just about to place an order for this specific top case for my MS 1260S. Would you happen to know whether this issue is true of other Givi monokey cases i.e. fitted to the Ducati OEM rack?

3. I always assumed that all monokey boxes should fit a mono key plate. As I have the ducati top box as well as the Givi 901, and when measuring the holes and slides on the underneath of both boxes; they are the same. I think that the givi box I bought was just a little out of spec when it comes to the key operation, But the other day after 7000 miles, it started to work perfectly. I only use the Ducati box when on a big trip. The 901 is on the bike all the time. Its a great box

#3 hill100, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information