1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Monoposto Aluminum Subframe Options

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Chris996, Apr 20, 2019.

1. So I'm looking at putting an aluminum subframe into my 996 BIP.
    Does anyone know if there a subframe on the market that bolts straight in with the 1.6M ECU and doesn't require any modifications to the harness?
    Thanks

2. Hi there, I am in communication with Pierobon in Bologna (who made the original items) and awaiting a price for a limited production run as I need two. Would you be interested in participating?
    This would be a cost price excercize but inevitably will be more than a few hundred €.

3. 748SP/SPS/R original type should fit.

4. Are we still talking in terms of 700 euros or so for this? I would love one but i seem to recollect when i looked last time it was cost prohibitive.

5. I would think about that yes although the more that are produced, the unit cost decreases!

6. 700euro is probably a bit out of my budget.
    What is involved in fitting an SPS subframe on a BIP?
    The research I've done seems to show that the ECUs aren't the same size and the position of them in the subframe is different which requires loom modifications?

7. The subframe is a direct fit and uses exactly the same fixings as the biposto. You would need a different undertray I believe. I have a 998, with the écu next to the battery as opposed to under the seat but yes I have heard that the loom is a little shorter and needs adjusting.

8. Is this what you mean ?
    This is mine and will probably be on the bay soon as i am converting it back to proper bp spec.
    Cheers puddy :)

20190323_101228.jpg

9. Would you let us know on here first please when you wish to sell it?

10. Hi i am not a fully paid up member on here so i cannot sell on here.
    Thats why i said it will go on the bay.
    Btw mods please feel free to delete if you feel i am infringing forum rules.
    Cheers puddy :)

#11 Puddy, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  11. Tom Irvine has one for sale on Facebook.

Tom Irvineto Ducati 998 Owners Group
    10 hrs ·
    OEM Alloy monoposto rear subframe 998 748
    $200
    London, United Kingdom
    Selling an OEM alloy monoposto rear subframe.
    Good overall condition but has been used for racing so the key lock section has been removed, and it has been repaired in several places (see photos).
    Asking £200 GB Pounds plus shipping.
    PM or email me for more info or a shipping quote:

tomirvine1 (at) mac (dot) com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. ive got a undamaged one spare id part with. My bike was missing its when i bought it and in tracking down the correct replacement i ended up with 3.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I got mine off a fella at the layby at A3 Wisley yonks ago, fun riding home sitting on it for 3 junctions. Did I buy it from someone on here?

14. That looks a lot of lolly for something that's clearly been pretty bashed up!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. It only lasted a few hours this morning. Tom had it sold soon after.

• WTF WTF x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information