1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Monoposto Q's

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Zeabaer, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Hi,

I recently came by a monoposto fairing carying the part catalogue number 48330192A. It also states 748 and 996 on the box.

It looks like its a clean fairing without any mounting brackets, lights or the meshes/grids mounted.
    I was wondering a few things.

First of all, what is a good aming price for such a fairing in mint condition?

Second, I’ve done some reading here and there and can see that the conversion from a Biposto (998 2002) to monoposto isn’t that difficult. But as far as I can see a monoposto fairing in the 998 part catalogue has the number 48320411AA and not 48330192A. Are there any differences between these fairings besides part numbers and/or building years?

My third question is concerning the necessary items to do the rebuild. It is unclear what items I can use from my biposto? As far as I understand I need a different mounting plate for the locking mecanism. And how much are average prices for all the items I would still require?

Thanks!

2. From memory, you can pick up spacers etc to adjust the locking mech for as little as a few quid on fleabay. You dont need anything else. Everything from the bp would bolt onto the mono, lights, seat etc. You dont need an ally subframe, although theyre nice to have. Its a half hour job or so to swap it all over and attach. The seat unit is merely hinged at front and you just remove the pin and disconnect brake light cable to remove it in its entirity.

3. What bike are you wanting to modify, 748, 996, 998, 998s?

4. It concerns a 998 MY2002.

5. Hey my parts finally arrived today (well I had to go and physically collect them), so I have the seat unit available if you want it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. The 2002 998/748 monoposto fairing is slightly different to the previous years the pin striping is silver not gold and the white painted numberboard area is slightly different....

7. I tought so... besides the paint, is it differently formed? Or is it the same?

8. Is it a standard mono or an 'S'?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Its a standard Monoposto. And my bike is a standard 998 bip.

10. Then the fairings are indeed different between the S and the standard bike, the S had a carbon bellypan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Main fairings for 916/996/up to MY01 748 are very different, but the seat units are pretty much the same

• Like Like x 1
  12. Main fairings for 916/996/up to MY01 748 are very different than all 998s and MY02 748s, but the seat units are pretty much the same

Do Not Sell My Personal Information