1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monoposto Seat Recover

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Lee46lee, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Hi chaps, quick question has anyone here have any experience with recovering a seat? Have recently taken delivery of a monoposto seat which has what looks to be white over spray on it so i was thinking of recovering it with black alacantara. Any tips on carry out the procedure?

Cheers

image.jpg image.jpg

2. Yes I did my both my 748 seats in alcantara leather , i know it sounds daft but make sure the leather is on the right way as in the hair direction, as it is still very slippy, you want it to stop you sliding backwards.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Great tip there chief :upyeah:

Have had a little look on the web and have noticed some people use a base of glue before seating the fabric where as some do not. Any tips in that front? I think that the seat has already been recoved as fabric doesn’t actually sit on the foam at the rear of the seat.

4. The standard seats don't mate, always feels like there's an "air gap" at the back of the seat. I just took all the staples out and pulled the cover off then glued and restapled the leather on.

5. Spot on mate, cheers for the heads up on the direction of the actual fabric. Have now ordered the black alcantara so that’ll keep us busy mid week. Fingures crossed it goes down well! Thank’s again for the hints and tips, certainly makes life a little easier.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Where did you order the alcantara from please?

7. I just had my S1000R seat recovered by a place called Saddle Craft and I can highly recommend if you don't want to do it yourself.

http://www.saddlecraft.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. So after a little help from a friend the seat has been recovered, many thanks to the advice recieved after the intial post, after stripping the original vinal we stapled the alcantara at the rear of the seat then sprayed the contact adhesive onto both parts before swearing and trying to pull and staple the new fabric onto the seat. Very happy with the results although am yet to actually test the seat thanks the to the weather today. Once fitted to the new seat unit it was sprayed with a water resistant liquid in the vauge help of trying to keep my arse dry on those inevitable wet day’s. Not the biggest project going but appreciate the help in trying to sorce a monoposto tail unit/seat for the bip. Cheers boys 6B16A153-9A62-4A8A-AEF4-73F57AC82394.jpeg 8AC139F6-04DB-4E39-A9A6-37AB5ECE364F.jpeg 63DD45EC-B45A-4AD7-B8D2-A7278F05D179.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bike looks good matey!:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Looking good. On a related matter, did you change the subframe to convert to mono or did you manage to get the mono tail unit to attach to the BIP subframe? Thanks.

11. Paul, I actually cheated and used the existing subframe. It took some trial and error to mount the original bracket to the the new seat, i had to flatten out the kinked bracket every so slightly then find a way of attaching the raised part to the seat. It looks quite crude but gives some some adjustment on the seat height. Twas a case of adding/taking away washers plus taking the seat off numerous time which became very tedious very quickly. We’re about there with it now so will be making something a little more robust. B1449B7E-000B-4898-AACC-A19600DDB1E5.jpeg 7F1893F6-53F0-4305-920F-ED4EE36C7907.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. That's a brilliant help, thanks Lee.:upyeah:

13. the other tail light bracket was about £25 from a dealer (Moto Rapido) when I did mine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information